scenes 101 for a nooblinc

sloop

Jon,

Just to make sure we are in synch:

Movie Scene

KPL A -- Controller .... make sure the sub-button is added before the load

KPL Load -- Controller

SWL -- Controller

In the above scene EVERYTHING works except for having KPL A apply a different on level/ramp rate for KPL Load. Other than that, everything else should work. i.e. if you click on KPL A, then KPL Load will turn on/off.

Yes, triggers will work but I think they would be an overkill for what you're trying to accomplish.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok, thanks - that helps a lot.

So.. what is the workaround? Will using a trigger work?

e.g. Press KPL Button "A" -> trigger -> Movie scene -> Load on button #1 of same KPL?

Any chance this 'feature' will change in a future release??

Thanks again,

Jon

kudos on overcoming the button/load limitation on the keypads - i have just now played with it (after cleaning up all the old links and scenes i created) - and it works great for me - that was a major gotcha in my plan - and i know the developers were not happy with the implementation - but the end result for me is fantastic - thanks for that function

i think i have identified the problem i have been experiencing - rather than a powerline communication problem, i think the plm is at fault - because if ( after many bouts of unplugging the plm and letting it rest) i can get the scenes set up, they all respond as they should

one thing that might be handy to know - if you have a virtual 3-way setup (such as my keypad and dimmer combo at each end of a stair), you need to include both devices in any new scenes that are to have the 3-way setup as a participant

many of my scenes have 5 or more buttons linked in a scene as controllers - and several responder buttons and devices - i am not sure if it is necessary, but this is the order i add the resources to a scene

> buttons linked as responders

> buttons linked as controllers

> devices (including keypads load buttons)

my last scene is named dusk - it has 72 responding buttons and 14 controlling buttons - it will have 35 devices (39 when i fix a broken circuit) - i have all the buttons in the scene and 3 devices (that is when my plm went craplinc) in so far - and all respond to a single button press

sloop,

I am so very glad you are up and running again. From the little I gather from your post, I can immediately guess that you are running out links in your PLM (currently, 417 maximum).

SmartHome is testing a new PLM which has support for 1024 links. I shall send you instruction on how to get one.

As far as the order in which you put the devices in scenes, YOU'VE GOT IT ... with that order, you have overcome the KPL limitation (load/sub button) while keeping the total time to program devices to the minimum.

Thanks so very much for the "retry",

With kind regards,

Michel

kudos on overcoming the button/load limitation on the keypads - i have just now played with it (after cleaning up all the old links and scenes i created) - and it works great for me - that was a major gotcha in my plan - and i know the developers were not happy with the implementation - but the end result for me is fantastic - thanks for that function

i think i have identified the problem i have been experiencing - rather than a powerline communication problem, i think the plm is at fault - because if ( after many bouts of unplugging the plm and letting it rest) i can get the scenes set up, they all respond as they should

one thing that might be handy to know - if you have a virtual 3-way setup (such as my keypad and dimmer combo at each end of a stair), you need to include both devices in any new scenes that are to have the 3-way setup as a participant

many of my scenes have 5 or more buttons linked in a scene as controllers - and several responder buttons and devices - i am not sure if it is necessary, but this is the order i add the resources to a scene

> buttons linked as responders

> buttons linked as controllers

> devices (including keypads load buttons)

my last scene is named dusk - it has 72 responding buttons and 14 controlling buttons - it will have 35 devices (39 when i fix a broken circuit) - i have all the buttons in the scene and 3 devices (that is when my plm went craplinc) in so far - and all respond to a single button press

Archived