Iog in failures using windows 7

ES1400

I’m having ISY 994/IR PRO login failures using windows 7, meaning logging in 3 to 6 times in a roll before I get the “current status†of my devices to display correctly otherwise the status is blank. The remaining functions appear to display correctly, reviewing the programs appear to work correctly. However no control of devices is possible. Once I get a good login with the “current status†reporting correctly the rest of the system appears to be operating correctly. However when using windows XP I do not have this problem ever.

Both the windows 7 and XP machines and ISY are directly connected to the same router via cat5 cable.

Java has been updated and reloaded several times and the ISY is up to date as well.

any thoughts?

Thanks for making me think in a different direction, while both machines are running AVG, using windows firewalls and are set up the same way or at least I think so. It seems unlikely do to the interment operation. The only the system timing seems to be a variable. I have tried waiting different times after calling the program and completing the login to see if any pattern might develop. So far the login failure seem total random, clearly I was missing the root cause.

Thinking more about your question I disable AVG on the Win 7 machine and login problem was gone. Restarted AVG and sure enough the login issue returned. Without making a science project out of this I’ll accept the randomness of AVG activity and as the problem cause.

Again, Thanks for the thoughts…..

• 3 months later...

Archived