RF devices status disappeared - some programs not working

As the subject states, my RF devices status have disappeared and are not working or being seen in the ISY along with some programs not working. Nothing was changed or done. Everything was working fine a few days ago. I rebooted, unplugged etc to no avail. I have not gone back it and restored each device. It seems to be only programs that interact with devices that are not working. Normal on/off timers are. But if this, than that are not. Bad PLM or ISY? I am not getting any communication errors when querying the system. Any suggestions?

Hi huddadudda,

I suspect that the problem is not just the RF devices but all ...

Please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Link Table, click on Start, wait for the process to finish and then click on the count button. How many links do you have?

With kind regards,

Michel

It says 311. I have retried rebooting and restoring and it acts like it does but then still shows zero. Looks like another member here has exactly the same problem I am having as well:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12414

Maybe its a hardware issue and my PLM is bad. Its older with the passthrough plug and not dual band. Too bad I don't have a backup to test. The strange part is I can query without errors and it shows the status of my devices. Just cant see my RF devices now.

"The strange part is I can query without errors and it shows the status of my devices."

Not so strange when you consider a Query and Direct device On/Off do not use link records. For the PLM (and therefore the ISY) to be aware of device initiated state changes (button/paddle press) link records in both the device and the PLM are required.

"The strange part is I can query without errors and it shows the status of my devices."

Not so strange when you consider a Query and Direct device On/Off do not use link records. For the PLM (and therefore the ISY) to be aware of device initiated state changes (button/paddle press) link records in both the device and the PLM are required.

Lee, thanks for that info. I was not aware it works like that. So bad PLM for me then too along with mvpr?

If a Restore Modem (PLM) trace shows link records were written yet a Show PLM Links Table says the PLM link database is empty indicates a PLM problem to me. Particularly when the other individual used a different PLM and it works.

If a Restore Modem (PLM) trace shows link records were written yet a Show PLM Links Table says the PLM link database is empty indicates a PLM problem to me. Particularly when the other individual used a different PLM and it works.

Your right, I didnt read his last post where he said the second one worked. I need to go back to school and learn to read better and pay attention! :)

So today after not doing anything all of a sudden the RF devices are working and the programs for my switches, etc are as well. I ordered 2 new PLMs today to replace and have a backup. I still cant "query" or see the RF device status but I havent restored them either to see if it fixes this. Not sure whats going on.

The battery RF devices cannot be queried. These devices go to sleep (turn Off the RF circuitry) to conserve battery power. That is why battery RF devices have to be put into manual linking mode when doing Scene changes or updating device configuration.

Archived