Honeywell Comfort Control API

Stik

Thanks Paul.

Unfortunately the $190 turns out to be $419 after participation in their RipUglobex shipping program. This is the same baloney that eBay is ripping foreign importers off with. Now our dollar is caving with the oil prices but adding on huge amounts to the already quoted $23 to ship UPS to Canada is ridiculous.

I'll be watching closer for other sources but I have t make sure this stat has the capability to run my heating systems.

Sounds good. Having said that, PM me if you'd like to discuss my proximity to the Detroit river.

Sounds good. Having said that, PM me if you'd like to discuss my proximity to the Detroit river.

Just doing a review of the literature n the two devices the T8900 states it supports third party api whereas the T7900 doesn't. Can the T7900 be controlled from ISY without another box of is another box (RPi) required to comm between the two?

Another concern is the use of C degrees. Do these stats suddenly pop up with at least 0.5 degree resolution when C is turned on? I can't find any indication of that.

Just doing a review of the literature n the two devices the T8900 states it supports third party api whereas the T7900 doesn't. Can the T7900 be controlled from ISY without another box of is another box (RPi) required to comm between the two?

Another concern is the use of C degrees. Do these stats suddenly pop up with at least 0.5 degree resolution when C is turned on? I can't find any indication of that.

Larry

I believe that API is for commercial facility management software / services. Its never been mentioned as a feature in earlier models that I recall.

All of the colortouches have the ability to use a local lan API.. thats what you want, and ISY supports it through venlink. Yes you do need a box to run venlink, unless you just want to send commands to it, then the ISY network modules is needed. I have rpis, but I have run it on a windows desktop "family computer" with no problems.

io_guy will have to tell you about how degrees C work on it. 

Paul

Thank you for the discussion as I need to learn and figure this out for myself.

@Larry - dont you have friends in the US that can buy you what you want and just reship to you in Canada? There are companies out there (I should find the name and also mention this to Teken) where they can receive shipments then reship stuff for when people cant buy a certain product in their country.

@Paul the venlink is just a script on a node? Is there a Windows ver?

It's a .net app. Runs native on windows, runs on mono on a raspberry pi. Search for venlink on the main forum page. Io_guy writes a number of these types of apps and supports them very well. He's already looking a isy v5 versions

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the discussion as I need to learn and figure this out for myself.

@Larry - dont you have friends in the US that can buy you what you want and just reship to you in Canada? There are companies out there (I should find the name and also mention this to Teken) where they can receive shipments then reship stuff for when people cant buy a certain product in their country.

@Paul the venlink is just a script on a node? Is there a Windows ver?

I use CBI www.cbiusa.com in Niagara Falls, NY. Never had them ship anything up here, I just go down there and pick it up. Costs $6 to receive a package.

I use CBI www.cbiusa.com in Niagara Falls, NY. Never had them ship anything up here, I just go down there and pick it up. Costs $6 to receive a package.

Thanks giesen! I've been looking for a service like that for many years. Perfect location too, although I am  now 4 hours away but once or twice a year....

I really should give aartech.ca a kick again. They usually have prices in Can that can't be beat.

Thanks giesen! I've been looking for a service like that for many years. Perfect location too, although I am  now 4 hours away but once or twice a year....

I really should give aartech.ca a kick again. They usually have prices in Can that can't be beat.

There's also http://myusaddress.ca in Ogdensburg, NY (northeast of Kingston). Not sure if that's any closer to you, and I haven't used them before, but might be an option.

Take a look at shipito.com they have several locations, offer shipment consolidation with multiple service tiers, an initial free account that you pay per usage. They did well shipping to Brazil and at a reasonable cost.

Extras : They take pictures of all packages upon arrival so the user can see and decide what to do. And offer other options and you can simulate the freight prior to sign up.

MF_Bra

That's just awesome I can't wait! When we cut off electricity, water, and many natural resources to the USA.

26 of the 50 States will either be thrown back into the Stone Age. Or simply all die off from a lack of water!

By default we just have to wait it out until tens of millions of people get into civil war kill one another. While we sit back and wait to take over the free land!

Awesome . . .

I love American politics !

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Hello everyone,

I appreciate the levity! This said, I do very much hope we can keep politics away from our forum as I am certain soon it will spiral out of hand as with anything else related to politics.

Thanks so very much for your consideration.

With kind regards,

Michel

Your such a kill joy!  :-P #MERICA!

• 2 months later...

Let us know how it goes.

So I setup everything. It was super easy since I had a Total Connect account setup already. Activating the channel on IF was easy and everything works perfectly. You can create a DO button and put it on your homescreen as a widget on iOS, for easy access. All the controls are there and both my stats showed up and changes happened quickly.

At the end of the day I still want full two way feedback/control and local API support without the cloud, so I probably will still be moving to the Venstar Colortouch T7900 and using IOGuy's NodeLink app.

This is a step in the right direction for Honeywell and for most this is perfect, works great and is easy. I am still amazed Honeywell wont release the API and its taken them this long to even get this far.

• 1 month later...

Archived