Leak Sensors - A (Suggested) Complete Program Package

belias

- I also received a unit that has a yellow stained antenna? :shock: Has anyone seen such a thing? All the others are white but this one unit looks like a busted *** banana. :x

I also received one like this. Received three with an address beginning with 25 and this one has an address beginning with 21 so maybe it is from an older run. :?:

~Mike

Mike,

Doesn't it appear its stained? I too received units starting with 25 but didn't pay too much attention to that part. The bent yellow antenna is what got me a little :evil:

Teken . . .

Teken,

Yes, you could say it appears to be stained. It is definitely shaded to the color yellow compared to the other three I received (in the group of four) from Costco. It does function exactly like all my others, Wet momentary toggles on/off when placed on a soaking wet napkin. The programs from belias work great to capture and notify via email. :D

~Mike

Teken,

Yes, you could say it appears to be stained. It is definitely shaded to the color yellow compared to the other three I received (in the group of four) from Costco. It does function exactly like all my others, Wet momentary toggles on/off when placed on a soaking wet napkin. The programs from belias work great to capture and notify via email. :D

~Mike

Mike,

Good to know! Yes, after I installed another set of AP's I was able to capture the other Leak Sensors heart beat signature. With out the aid of the OP's program there was no long term method to confirm the sensors health or state.

I really hope the heart beat node will become a basic feature in all wireless devices they produce moving forward. I have submitted this requirement in the product request thread in the SH forum.

Teken . . .

Does anyone know how to get the brackets in this Leak Sensor Problem condition statement?

If

(

Time is 9:00:00AM

Or Time is 6:00:00PM

)

And (

$sLeakKitchenSink is not 1

Or $sLeakStorageRoom is not 1

)

See below for what I have - can't get the remainder and not sure what I am doing wrong:

Thank you

post-6097-140474162148_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to get the brackets in this Leak Sensor Problem condition statement?

If

(

Time is 9:00:00AM

Or Time is 6:00:00PM

)

And (

$sLeakKitchenSink is not 1

Or $sLeakStorageRoom is not 1

)

See below for what I have - can't get the remainder and not sure what I am doing wrong:

Thank you

Frank,

As far as I am aware the brackets are not required for this program to operate.

On the right hand side is the option to add the brackets I believe. I am not in front if the Amin console so my memory may be wrong.

Teken . . .

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Hi Frank,

See image below... Use the "Add And (..)" button, then use the "Move Line Up" button to move them into position.

The parenthesis cause the program to be evaluated as: one from group 1 must be true AND one from group 2 must be true. Without the parenthesis, I'm not sure how to get the same result.

Hope this helps.

- Brian

post-1882-140474162149_thumb.jpg

Using the parenthesis does this cause the program to send only one e-mail notification? I did not add the parenthesis in my program and I received a update at 9:00 AM, and 6:00 PM each day. Upon adding the parenthesis I only received a 9:00 AM notification?

Any insight as to why that would be is appreciated.

Teken . . .

Hi Teken,

Without parenthesis you have three conditions as follows

1. Time is 9:00 AM

OR

2. Time is 6:00 PM

AND

3. Variable conditions

This means that the only time this program is false is when:

It's neither 9:00 AM, nor 6:00 PM and all variable conditions are false.

So, conversely, you would get an email at 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM regardless of the condition of the variables.

With kind regards,

Michel

Having a small issue with the text/e-mail notifications. It worked on the activation of my first leak sensor but not on the subsequent 2. I did notice that for the Leak Startup program I am not sure ENABLE RUN AT START-UP is activated.

When I right click the program on the summary page and select it "Enable Run At Startup", it does not appear to update the status to On in the Run At Startup column (see below) - it also appears this has never run .

How can I be sure it is Enabled and working?

Thank you

post-6097-140474162162_thumb.jpg

f.demello:

When I right click the program on the summary page and select it "Enable Run At Startup", it does not appear to update the status to On in the Run At Startup column (see below) - it also appears this has never run .

How can I be sure it is Enabled and working?

You are correct that the Leak Startup program should show an "On" under the Run At Startup column. If right-clicking and selecting "Enable Run at Startup" isn't changing the status, then perhaps someone else with a bit more ISY knowledge could chime in - this works on my unit. Also, the "normal" status of the programs is that each "Variable Control 2" program should be in a "Running Then" status (which it appears yours are).

Having a small issue with the text/e-mail notifications. It worked on the activation of my first leak sensor but not on the subsequent 2.

If this occurs again, please be sure to get the status of the individual leak sensor (On / Off), as well as the current state of the leak sensor variables. If all is working correctly, you should get one email per device that activates. The program should only "reset" 10 seconds after receiving an "Off" signal from the leak sensor.

Hope this helps.

- Brian

Thanks Brian. It appears you have to hit the Refresh button at upper right to show the On.

Still no luck on e-mails/texts. I keep trying the units by testing a wet condition. This worked with my first unit (immediately received a text). Not sure it I am doing anything wrong.

I am assuming all I have to do is put the contacts on a damp sponge/bit of water to trigger the Wet signal (or at least that is what I think I did with the 1st one).

Am I missing something? Thanks again

Hi Teken,

Without parenthesis you have three conditions as follows

1. Time is 9:00 AM

OR

2. Time is 6:00 PM

AND

3. Variable conditions

This means that the only time this program is false is when:

It's neither 9:00 AM, nor 6:00 PM and all variable conditions are false.

So, conversely, you would get an email at 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM regardless of the condition of the variables.

With kind regards,

Michel

I get the same thing as Teken.

Every morning at 9:00am I get a text and email that says: Water Leak Sensor Problem. And the status is:1. Status 1 is Hearbeat OK.

I do not get notifications at 6:00 pm.

Here is my Leak Sensor Problem Program (according to this, it should only email me if the variable is not 1, but I get the notification which states the variable IS 1):

If
       Time is  9:00:00AM
    Or Time is  6:00:00PM
   And $sLeakWaterLeakSensor1 is not 1

Then
       Send Notification to 'Peter Cell' content 'Leak Sensor Problem'
       Send Notification to 'Peter Email' content 'Leak Sensor Problem'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I assume it's got something to do with my Variable 2 program? It's constantly "running then" on the summary page under activity.

If
       Control 'Water Leak Sensor 1-Dry / Water Leak Sensor 1-Heartbeat' is switched On
    Or Control 'Water Leak Sensor 1-Dry / Water Leak Sensor 1-Heartbeat' is switched Off

Then
       $sLeakWaterLeakSensor1  = 1
       Wait  25 hours 
       $sLeakWaterLeakSensor1  = 2

Else

Ok, I've just changed that. What exactly do these parameters (parenthesis) do that the program wasn't (or was for that matter) doing without them?

*Edit: Nevermind, I see the answer was at the top of the page...I just didn't read it before. My fault. Thanks for the help! Guess we'll see if this was my issue at 9am tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to report back for anyone having a similar issue in the future.

If
       (
            Time is  9:00:00AM
         Or Time is  6:00:00PM
       )
   And $sLeakWaterLeakSensor1 is not 1

Then
       Send Notification to 'Peter Cell' content 'Leak Sensor Problem'
       Send Notification to 'Peter Email' content 'Leak Sensor Problem'

Else

• 2 weeks later...

This set up is just incredible work. For the leak sensor activation notification, isnt the variable always=9. If so, do I need to include the status key info. This notification should only be sent if there is a leak. I am using a text message for this and all of the info does not fit in one text. Cant I revise the message to only indicate a leak. I only have one leak sensor right now. The other 8, which I have sent back for an exchange should be here in a few days. When I get all 9 working there will be too much text so maybe I will need more than one activation. Maybe one for each leak sensor.

Also, I only want one notification rather than two for the heartbeat per day, is this a problem:

If
       Time is  6:00:00PM
   And $s.LeakSensorUtility is not 1

Then
       Send Notification to 'Eric text' content 'Leak Sensor Problem'

Else

Thank you so much for the great programming.

Eric

When I add leak sensors I only get two items.

1. Leak Sensor - Dry

&

2. Leak Sensor - Wet

In reading these posts it sounds like people are getting 3 line items added when they add the device. I have had my sensors for a year is this a new feature from Insteon or is it only available in the New ISY994?

If this is the case is there a way to get the heart beat from the two line items that I have so I can make sure that my sensors are working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

That happened to me once. Heartbeat showed up after pressing the test button a couple times after exiting the linking mode.

My only issue with these things now is that I have really annoying error messages in the admin console saying all of my dry nodes are not responding after I do something such as check plm links. Doesn't go away until I go around to every single sensor and press the test button.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

What is the difference between checking heartbeat status is "on or off" vs testing if it is responding?

I set this rule to test if they are responding:

If
      Status  'Hot Water Heater-Heartbeat' is not Responding
    Or Status  'Kitchen Sink-Heartbeat' is not Responding
then
Wait 25 hours
Send Notification to 'Default'

PS how do you copy rule text so you can paste to the forum?

The Leak Sensor nodes are Controller Only nodes. The nodes have no function to Query so a Is Not Responding is not condition that will exist past getting the device installed.

Heartbeat On and Off are the two conditions to be checked.

Thanks, so Responding only applies to queries made to it, not heartbeats sent out.

Thanks

PS how do you copy rule text so you can paste to the forum?

Right click the program name in the tree and select "Copy to Clipboard" from the bottom of the menu then paste into a code block on the forum.

-Xathros

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I've been trying to get this program package to work and for the life of me I can't see what I'm doing wrong. When I put the leak sensor in water I see the $sLeakLaundryRoom variable change to 9 but the 'Leak Sensor Activation" program never fires. The only way I can get it to work is to manually change the variable to 9 and then manually run the program. If I do that the email is sent properly. Here is the code for the activation program:

If

$sLeakLaundryRoom is 9

Then

Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Leak Sensor Activation'

Else

I'm stumped. Isn't the program supposed to run on its own? What am I missing? Thanks for any help you can offer.

If

$sLeakLaundryRoom is 9

Then

Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Leak Sensor Activation'

I'm stumped. Isn't the program supposed to run on its own? What am I missing? Thanks for any help you can offer.

$sLeakLaundryRoom must be a "State" variable to cause a trigger and the programme must have the enable checkbox checked

Archived