stumped - Insteon Thermostate incorrect clock

mzn50

Hi guys.. so.. Can't figure this one out.. my Insteon Thermostat on my ISY shows an incorrect time.. not even the DST offset.. its like 89 mins off ??

I did a query on the device all good..

Question : Does the clock on an Insteon Thermostat get updated via the system ?

Bizarre !

Thanks for any insight on this one

Matt

The thermostat clock is set manually at the thermostat. The ISY has no function to manage the thermostat clock. Not even sure there is a API call to management the thermostat clock. Regardless there is no clock management outside the thermostat.

Thanks Lee.. that explains that .. still odd..

The whole Insteon Thermostate development seems to be half-axx done..

No "Hold" option

no clock

seems to be no variance or offset limitation..

Maybe it's just the 2441..maybe better Thermostats out there ..?

thanks very much !

Lee-

Are you sure? JMC reported being able to sync the clock on an Insteon TStat from the ISY when the TStat was running on external power. See: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?p=76799#p76799

-Xathros

No I am not absolutely sure. My 2441ZTH is v.0B so it could be something that was added at a later firmware. There is no ISY option at v.0B to set the clock. The old Insteon command reference does not have a clock set command but that could also have been added later.

Not sure why the OP did not mention the capability if his ISY is displaying that capability.

Hi Lee.. I have 2441TH is v.0B.. not a 2441ZTH .. is it avail on v.0B ? .. or only.0D ?

when you say "Under Insteon there is a 'Synchronize clock' option for the 2441TH, 2441ZTH, T2491T1E."

I can find that ..sorry .. what tab would I find that or I tried right clicking the Thermostat under main.. cant find this selectable option

thank you

Matt

It works on my 2441TH with v.0A firmware.

It is a Program Action statement

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Set '2441TH - Main' Synchronize Clock

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

• 1 year later...

I'll put a comment in here for posterity. When the thermostat is in "OFF" mode, ISY 994i, version 4.2.30 does not attempt to send the time.  I'm not sure if it's an ISY thing or a thermostat thing. I switched the mode to heat and re-ran the program and watched the messages fly in the logs.

Archived