ISY994 ZS-Pro lost links

I have a recurring problem with my ISY not agreeing with my PLM. I have done multiple resets to a factory state along with the device restoration without success. Here is the problem, a number of weeks ago I noticed my lawn in the back yard was extremely wet. Saturated would be more correct. I use the irrigation module along with the weather bug to provide for my sprinklers. While my variables had not been entirely laid out, it was working nearly exactly as I wanted until my yard just seemed to be getting constant water. By circumstance, this weekend I came upon the coincidence. When my garage door closes, the zone 1 irrigation turns on. (I use the insteon garage relay/sensor package) I can duplicate it without fail. There is no program for this, there is no linking for this. It just happens. As time has passed, I have noticed a number of other links that are seeming to either migrate, or somehow are steered to the wrong device. I have lights that fail to work by the KPL, however other KPLs that are not linked are turning on and off in response to the wrong switch. I have done a factory restore, reset the plm, deleted the plm and completely rebuilt the system one device at a time and it keeps doing the same thing. I select to delete the previous links in the menu, however, with every rebuild it does it again. I had a similar problem about a year ago with an ISY99I. The PLM would actually lock up. I decided to just upgrade the whole system and everything worked until the last couple of weeks. Does anybody have any ideas on how my links are going astray? What is also odd is that when the links turn on the "unlinked" devices, their status is not reported. This leaves the sprinklers on all day if I do not catch it.

I recently had a similar occurrence in my master bathroom. I have 1 switchlink dimmer (vanity lights) and 2 switchlink relays (ceiling light and exhaust fan) in one triple gang box. I have a program set up on the SLD for fast on to turn on both the switchlink relays and fast off to turn off both of the relays as well as a 10 minute timer on one of the relays if the dimmer is just turned off (keep fan on for 10 mins). All of this continues to work as expected. What happened out of the blue is that when I turned off the ceiling light (SLR#1) manually, the fan (SLR#2) would instantly turn on. No program delay - like the devices were directly linked. There were never any links set up for this and no programs to cause this. Doing a restore device for the fan's SLR resolved the issue.

So far this is the only time I have seen anything like this. I don't understand how an off flowing from one device would turn ON another without a program.

These 3 devices receive backlight adjustments twice daily and the dimmer receives scene adjustments 4 times daily. I suspect this is where things went bad but have no solid proof.

-Xathros

The odd part is that I can restore my ISY and get everything else to work. The sprinklers just follow the garage door for some reason. What adds to the confusion is that the sprinklers are in one garage and the door is on another. I know this has no bearing programming wise, but it sure looks odd when it happens.

I am certain there are no programs running this elsewhere. What I have noticed is something like the ISY is swapping addresses on random devices. For instance, I have a lamp link with a floor lamp linked to button D on a KPL. Suddenly when pressing the D button, my lamp no longer turns on, but my patio door light does. The program still runs, however, the device that responds changes. I can fix it with an ISY restore, but the ezflora always does the same thing.

No additional controllers. I purchased a new ISY994 and PLM together to replace my 99I. I am starting to think the problem may have migrated to the new unit when I used the backup of the old one to get started on the new one. Is it possible that the problem moves with the memory card i.e it boots to a faulty setup and I just keep recreating the same problem? Is there any advantage in formatting the card and doing a factory refresh on all items?

I had swapped them months ago when troubleshooting a similar problem at the time I upgraded. I believe they are back in their original locations. I was having problems with losing communications with many of my devices and the ISY locking up. I was following a troubleshooting guide that I found that talked about telnetting the ISY and using it to format the card. I had one fresh and one for troubleshooting.

Archived