SMTP Service

DennisC

Hi,

I have been using UD's default mail server for email and text notifications from the ISY. However, since I have two ISY's, I wanted to have a quick way of telling which location the message was from. Therefore, I decided to use my service providers (Cablevision - Optonline) mail server.

I was able to set up the SMTP settings and my messages were sent without an issue. However, all of the line breaks were omitted once I made the change. All of the text in both emails and text messages appear as one continuous message. This makes it hard to read.

I have not been able to find a way to add the line spaces in while using Optonline as the mail server. I changed back to the default server and the same messages were delivered fine.

I then changed to using a gmail account and the line spacing was fine. However, the "From" field of the message is now my own gmail address and not what is in the "From" field. Once agin messages from both ISY's appear from the same account. I believe I have the from "From" field configured correctly because when I used my Optonline account, the "From" field populated correctly.

Is this the way it is, or am I doing something wrong?

If anyone can offer some guidance with either issue, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dennis

What you ever you want here

In this case,
is break.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Like this:

Current Temperature:${mod.weather.temp.current}

Day's High Temp:${mod.weather.temp.high}

Day's Low Temp:${mod.weather.temp.low}

Feels Like:${mod.weather.temp.feelslike}

Current Humidity:${mod.weather.humidity}

I have HTML checked in the notification, but the readings are still running all together. I also tried ending

with

Archived