Control your Nest Thermostat with the ISY *Multi-Thermostat*

abuttino

I re-installed all the files in the correct locations and I was able to get everything working. I had changed some of the code in the area where it said do not change because I thought I needed to make changes to the away code but it turns out the update was already there. Thanks for all your help!

• 4 months later...

I have two nest thermostats. It appears that the values from the first thermostat are also being sent to ISY for the second thermostat. E.g, Ambient Temp for the first thermostat is 74. Ambient Temp for second thermostat is 73. but both variables in ISY are showing 74. I've set up two different state variables in ISY (15 & 16) and entered the 15 & 16 in the respective variables in the EG config. I also observed that the values for the first thermostat are sent to ISY more frequently than the second (it might be that the second thermostat values are only sent at startup). I'm just starting with this, so I may be missing something. Your assistance is appreciated!

Can you please reply to me by email or PM tomorrow? I'll be more than happy to satisfy the needs for your ISY.

Since I didn't have a multi-thermostat setup when I devised these scripts, I couldn't do them as accurately as I wanted..

Your help will be appreciated for all members.

I was able to determine why I was having trouble with multiple thermostats. In order for the scripts to work properly, it is mandatory to assign a unique label to each of Nest Devices (on the nest device or in the app). I noticed that "name" field in the scripts was blank. I had not populated the label when installing the Nests because the "where" was unique enough for me (Upstairs / Downstairs), but since I added the label, I now see that "name" is populated with the corresponding label and the EG scripts/macros now work properly.

Incidentally, I still have a problem that the ISY for Eventghost plugin causes EG to lock up when I enable on a Windows 7 machine. Enabling the Nest Thermostat plugin does not cause the issue. I have the same results on two separate Windows 7 machines, but no issue on a Windows 8 machine. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, I'd appreciate it since I'd prefer to use one of the Windows 7 machines to run EG.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there any possibility of adding Fan control to this?  I wrote a few programs to equalize temperature in the house (thermostat upstairs, temp sensor downstairs, vent dampers in place...series of programs matches the temperature downstairs to nest set temp upstairs and then adjusts accordingly), but instead of turning on the nest/furnace, want to try equalizing with just the fan if the temperature differential is not large.

Thanks!

Oliver

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there any possibility of adding Fan control to this? I wrote a few programs to equalize temperature in the house (thermostat upstairs, temp sensor downstairs, vent dampers in place...series of programs matches the temperature downstairs to nest set temp upstairs and then adjusts accordingly), but instead of turning on the nest/furnace, want to try equalizing with just the fan if the temperature differential is not large.

Thanks!

Oliver

I could easily add fan control to this. Do you still want it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I am new to ISY, but learning as I go. I installed EventGhost and the Nest plugin as described. I am using STATE variables and some work while others don't seem to do much. 

ACCoolVar never changes in value. Is this a read only variable? I know the state is TRUE when the AC is running as I can see that in EventGhost, but in ISY variables it always shows 0.

Also I was wondering if you could post some instructions on how to configure Tasker with AutoLocation to use the at home concept for setting up a geofence.

Thank you so much.

I am new to ISY, but learning as I go. I installed EventGhost and the Nest plugin as described. I am using STATE variables and some work while others don't seem to do much. 

ACCoolVar never changes in value. Is this a read only variable? I know the state is TRUE when the AC is running as I can see that in EventGhost, but in ISY variables it always shows 0.

Also I was wondering if you could post some instructions on how to configure Tasker with AutoLocation to use the at home concept for setting up a geofence.

Thank you so much.

Since this is an old thread you may try quoting the person your questions are directed at to get their attention like I just did to you. Some get notifications on the mobile devices from this action, also.

Other's that watch the forum closely may answer anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am about ready to release a new version of this. What would you like to see?

I have already added running the fan for any amount of time.

I can't tell you why EG hangs up on you. I would suggest going to the registry and deleting the keys for Eventghost

I am about ready to release a new version of this. What would you like to see?

Likely asking for the (currently) impossible, but i would love to see this as ISY-only i.e. without the need for external server, eventghost etc...just wishing.

Thanks

I could give you the code for the PHP class but, that's only for temperature adjustments, can't discover the thermostat through that, as far as I know.

...i dont know enough to know what that means. Are you saying one can currently do tempeture adjustments "Isy-only".

Thanks

Search "Nest PHP class" on Google. That's where I found it.

You may be able to do a home and away.

If it were me and I had the Network Module, I would just use IFTTT and the Nest channel as well as the Maker channel to build an applet for the ISY to change temperature.

These macros are much much more robust than anything IFTTT could give you.

THanks

Search "Nest PHP class" on Google. That's where I found it.

You may be able to do a home and away.

If it were me and I had the Network Module, I would just use IFTTT and the Nest channel as well as the Maker channel to build an applet for the ISY to change temperature.

These macros are much much more robust than anything IFTTT could give you.

Thanks

Archived