IRLinc Transmitter 2411T Not Adding

mfranzel

Hello all,

I purchased the IRLinc Transmitter 2411T module, but when I try to add it to my ISY, I get a simple error message that the device cannot be added. The system does auto detect that it is a 2411T. I have tried factory resetting the module, but no luck.

Any help with this?

Thanks!

The 2411T is an IRLinc TX.

I just added one of these over the weekend on FW 4.1.3 I don't believe there is any reason for this to fail on 4.1.1 I suspect that you have a comm issue where you are trying to link the 2411T.

As mentioned above - reset the 2411T again and move closer to the PLM and try again. If needed, you can use an extension cord to plus the 2411T in closer to the PLM while keeping the device located near the equipment you are trying to control with it. If that works, then you will need to figure out the comm problem in the desired location.

You didn't plug it into a surge suppressor did you? If so, you might try plugging the 2411T directly into the wall and try again. Your AV equipment and any surge suppressors should be behind a filterlinc to prevent them from interfering with insteon signals.

-Xathros

Okay I got it to work, SORT OF. Instead of learning a new device, I use the option in the ISY admin portal to add a new button the the IRLinc. I send the command I want and the admin portal sees it, but then I get a progress window for 10 minutes and then I am unable to do anything with the new node.

I reset the IRLinc again and readded a button while running the event viewer at level 3. It seems as if the button is learned, but then I do not know what to do with it. Why cant I control it like I would a switch so from the admin panel turn the tv on and off?

Anyways, I added it to a scene and it seems as if the updates are not writing to it.

isy.txt

mfranzel,

Unfortunately you can't. The only way you can control it is by putting it in a scene with another controller.

Well, I did that. I added to the scene where my two bathroom lights go on and off and it does nothing, mostly because (I think) it will not get the updates written to it.

Any chance you can still return the unit?

If so go pick up an iTach IP2IR. Way more flexible and works great.

Yeah I can deffinitely still return it. How does one program the iTach IP2IR to work with the ISY? I just want to be able to press the NIGHT button next to my bed and have the lights and TV go OFF! What do you think of the IR to INSTEON controller? Does that work reliably? or is there an iTach one that is better?

And how would I program it to the ISY? Are there directions in the wiki or would you be able to help?

Thanks!!

An IP2IR (or WF2IR if you want Wi-Fi) receives commands from the network module of the ISY and sends out IR. You can setup virtually any type/number of IR commands. To use it, you would write an ISY program. When it sees the "Night" press, it sends a network resource.

I do the exact thing in my setup.

There's a couple topics on the forum describing how to set the iTach up. There's a little learning curve, but once you understand it, the device is awesome.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5087

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11938

Receiving is tough, because of hardware placement. The Insteon solution is the easiest in terms of placement (power lines are everywhere) but I see a lot of people having trouble with it). Ideally the IR could be wired directly to the ISY and just use the ISY's IR receiver.

Eh, that sounds too complicated. I guess I will just program a button on the KPL next to the couch!

I just ordered the iTach devices and will get them monday and hopefully all of this will work out.

Thanks io_guy. I will let you know how everything goes!

Archived