Remotelinc 2 button mode

pwaara

I have a RemoteLinc 2 programmed currently in toggle mode to turn on the four modes of a fan plus some additional lights. Since you cannot update the state of the remote via a controller, it gets our of sync when the fan or lights get updated from the other switches. I thought if I put it in non-toggle mode that maybe this would work; however, when I update the mode in UDI ISY99, it locks up. I have to kill the java process to get it to respond to anything, and it doesn't seem to update the remote even though it is on and in program mode. Any suggestions as to what is going on or how to best try putting the remote in non-toggle mode? Will this get me the desired effect being in sync with the other switches? Any advice is appreciated.

~Pat

Well, I manually put the remote into non-toggle mode, and it doesn't really work the way I want. It works great for the fan speeds, but I can't turn off lights with the other buttons. I can only turn them on. I don't suppose there is a way to put some of the buttons in non-toggle mode and other buttons in toggle mode. As it stands now in toggle mode, you pretty much have to push the button twice to get the desired effect. Not horrible, but not what I want either. The best solution would be for the remote to act as a responder. That would fix everything. Any suggestions for the best way to set up an eight button remote to do fan motor functions and control other lights that are also controller by other switches?

The Mini Remote being battery powered cannot be changed by the ISY without manually placing it in linking mode. Because of this buttons do not have the ability to change states remotely. Also all the buttons function in only one mode, not like a KeypadLinc where each button can be assigned a different mode. The Mini Remote does not have the features needed to work with FanLinc Fan speed adjustments. If set to 4 Scene mode where there is a separate On and Off button it works but that limits what else could be supported by the one device.

Regarding the hang, is this a Maverick OS? There has been another issue reported with what looks to be a Java issue with Maverick.

Thanks for the reply, LeeG. I was afraid of that. I'll have to decide whether it's worth buying a separate remote just for the fan or live with pushing the buttons twice.

No, I'm not using Maverick. This is on Windows 7. Java version 7 update 45. ISY 994i Pro (1100) - OpenADR (21010) UI v4.0.11, Firmware v4.0.5. I'll not use this feature as I'm afraid it will mess everything up, and that was a lot of work getting all these remotes set up.

~Pat

Archived