email stopped working on Saturday

Confirming, my two ISY systems (-99i @ 2.6.5, -26 @ 2.6.6) have not been able to successfully execute a "notify all" since 7/22. Previous "tricks" and resets which started the notifications before are no longer working.

I believe there is a central problem at UDI and we are waiting for an update.

Dave

Hello dougos2,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, you are 100% correct:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... 0983#10983

With kind regards,

Michel

I too have tried everything and can't get the notifications working. I am at 2.6.6. Maybe you could add the ability to use our own smtp outgoing server and thus would not need to depend on you guys for emails.

Maybe you could add the ability to use our own smtp outgoing server and thus would not need to depend on you guys for emails.

I'm a happy new ISY user (1 week) and I agree completely. I run my own internal smtp server. I don't want my notifications to be dependent on Internet availability or your server. In fact, for security reasons, I don't want my alerts to go to anybody else's server.

Then too, before I get some other coding done, I want to be able to use alert messages to trigger some other HA activities and events. The latency introduced by going through at least several other servers is unacceptable for that purpose.

So I guess you can consider this a change request. :)

kclark,

Yes, I totally understand. This has become a dilemma for us simply because most ISP/SMTP servers require TLS. SMTP support in and of itself is not a big development effort (we are doing it now) but TLS is HUGE.

We are investigating all options and are open to suggestions.

With kind regards,

Michel

Maybe you could add the ability to use our own smtp outgoing server and thus would not need to depend on you guys for emails.

I'm a happy new ISY user (1 week) and I agree completely. I run my own internal smtp server. I don't want my notifications to be dependent on Internet availability or your server. In fact, for security reasons, I don't want my alerts to go to anybody else's server.

Then too, before I get some other coding done, I want to be able to use alert messages to trigger some other HA activities and events. The latency introduced by going through at least several other servers is unacceptable for that purpose.

So I guess you can consider this a change request. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello strahan001,

Please make sure you do not have the Send compact notifications checked in the configuration page.

With kind regards,

Michel

It appears that I am getting notifications, but if I remember correctly they used to have information relating to what was actually turned on or off. Am I missing a setting?

Thank you

Hello strahan001,

I am the one who should apologize as this option was introduced in release 2.6.6. Would you be kind enough to take a look at Help->About and let me know which version of ISY you have.

In any case, the events do not include the status of the device(s) that are turned on/off.

With kind regards,

Michel

My apologies, I don't see that as an option, I can simply select regular e mail and add an address, there are no options...

Archived