Upgrade ZS daughter Board for 994i/IR Pro

m6bigdog

In preparation for PG&E Provisioning I needed to upgrade my 994i/IR Pro to include ZigBee. I contacted PG&E HAN and they are going to change out my Smart Meter to one that is capable of providing a ZigBee network connection

So, from http://www.universal-devices.com/sales/products/?category=accessories I purchase the

High Powered Zigbee Smart Grid (SEP1.1) Radio converts your ISY994 to ISY994 ZS Series and thus enables native communications with Smart Grid/AMI Utility Meters.

However, the daughter board arrived without any documentation or installation instructions and I have yet to discover instruction specific to the installation of this module in the Wiki.

The installations seems simple enough right? Open the box install the parts and install the firmware!

1) I did install the 4.1.2 firmware ISY 994i Z & ZS Series (Zigbee) from the Forum "Current Release, Betas, and Bug Reports" Post

2) I also installed the http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/zs/dashboard.jnlp. from the PGE Provisioning Post.

Well in the "About" window my ISY Model is still 994i/IR Pro and in the dashboard the "My Electricity" Portlete is not available!!

So at this point I'm in need of some professional help to walk me through the upgrade or point me to the direction for module installation instructions.

I have the ISY-994iZS Series – Smart Meter Configuration Guide but in need the instruction to upgrade my ISY-994i/IR Pro to a 994i/IR ZS Pro.

Thanks

Did you clear the java cache after installing the ZS firmware?

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you clear the java cache after installing the ZS firmware?

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, after I installed the firmware, I cleared the Java Cache.

I launched the control using http://isy and logged into the Admin Console

Help "About" Firmware and UI are UD_OADR v.4.1.2

Product: ISY 994i/IR PRO (1110) -OpenADR (21010) -A10/X10 for Insteon (21060)

Should the LED on the ZS daughter board (back of the ISY) be lit?

Do I need to enable "OpenADR settings" under the Configuration/Electricity/Open AudoDR tab?

Also, I no longer have a ISY Admin Console or Dashboard shortcuts on the desktop!

Thanks,

Not sure about the LED. My 994 is a ZWave model not Zigbee. How many rows of pins were on the connector for the daughter board 1 or 2? If only 1 then the board needs to be installed into the bottom row of the 2 row socket in the ISY. If the daughter board has 2 rows of pins then it is installed so that both rows of pins are into both rows of the socket.

It is possible that you need a Zigbee module installed into the ISY firmware similar to the Pro, Zwave, Weather etc modules. If that is the case, you will need to email support@universal-devices.com with the UUID of your ISY, a link to this thread and request that they enable the module for your ISY.

-Xathros

Not sure about the LED. My 994 is a ZWave model not Zigbee. How many rows of pins were on the connector for the daughter board 1 or 2? If only 1 then the board needs to be installed into the bottom row of the 2 row socket in the ISY. If the daughter board has 2 rows of pins then it is installed so that both rows of pins are into both rows of the socket.

It is possible that you need a Zigbee module installed into the ISY firmware similar to the Pro, Zwave, Weather etc modules. If that is the case, you will need to email support@universal-devices.com with the UUID of your ISY, a link to this thread and request that they enable the module for your ISY.

-Xathros

I sent the email to tech support and they enabled the module.

Thanks

Archived