Cree LEDs coming on by themselves.

percy

I replaced two lamps bulbs with the 75W equivalent Cree bulbs. After about 10 minutes both lights came on. I checked ISY994 and is showed the lights as off. I turned the lights off and about 10 minutes later they both came back on. I replaced one light with a regular bulbs and a few minutes later the Cree LED turned back on. I have not had time to do more research by I plan to this week. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience.

Some Insteon Modules have Local Control Sensing in them. It is possible the electronics in the Cree bulb is triggering it. Though most times a incandescent bulb in the mix. Calms things down.

What model Insteon module is controlling the Cree bulbs?

If known what revision hardware is on the modules white sticker?

Again, what switch exactly is controlling the Cree load?

And is that switch locally indicating that the light is on after it turns on by itself?

What if you use ISY to query the switch after a spontaneous on event, does ISY then show it is on?

FYI, I have at least a dozen of the Cree 60 watt bulbs and maybe 50 of the Cree CR6 can lights and have not experienced anything like this.

And is that switch locally indicating that the light is on after it turns on by itself?

What if you use ISY to query the switch after a spontaneous on event, does ISY then show it is on?

FYI, I have at least a dozen of the Cree 60 watt bulbs and maybe 50 of the Cree CR6 can lights and have not experienced anything like this.

No ISY shows the lights as being off.

No ISY shows the lights as being off.

what about after hitting "query"? Does it still say off?

The older v1.? 2456D3 LampLincs defaulted to Local Control On and the only way to disable it was add an X10 address with the Off command.

The 4.? ones defaulted to Local Control Off and set button sequences could enable it.

Archived