ISY support for Insteon Hub

larryllix

• 3 weeks later...

This is good news. I have been using the intsteon hub under an HA package for over a year and it is more reliable and stronger X10 signal than the PLM and it does simple things well. As I am migrating to ISY, its good to know that there is something else beyond the PLM..

I lost a few plms due to line noise when i first went insteon, but had to blow up 2 PLMs before determining a noise filter was needed on a furnance.

Hopefully a strong signal X10 solution is part of the product.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Michel,

As a long time user of ISY kit for my US home I would love to be able to use one in my United Kingdom one as well, especially as there are now some Insteon devices available.

But there are no PLMs available for 220v 50 Hz  mains, and the radio frequencies used in Europe. I am currently struggling with Z-Wave network, but it's not reliable and I am having to re-build by network on nearly weekly basis as the system seems to lose contact with nodes that need to be relayed via other devices, this may be due to the way my Micasaverde Vera works, or just a flaw in Z-Wave compared to Insteon.

Please do not forget us in Europe, we are all looking for a reliable way to manage our home automation systems, the ability to plug in a EU Z-Wave and PLM module to a ISY box would have me reaching for my credit card.

Regards

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

I am a 220V/50Hz users, i've purchased ISY 994i Pro/IR with PLM but unable to use it. I am very excited to read this topic. Hope you will soon release for international use. Do not forget us. 

Do you have detail release plan for your own PLM.

Regards

Hi mrburdin,

For sure!

Also, you might want to contact Steve in our tech support (links below). I know he was able to modify a HUB to act as a serial PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

That sounds really great!

"serial"? I didn't know the Hub had a cereal port.  Eth=> Serial adapter?

My son has a Hub that is doing nothing as it doesn't do much and I see an ISY coming for him.

Hi mrburdin,

For sure!

Also, you might want to contact Steve in our tech support (links below). I know he was able to modify a HUB to act as a serial PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Really, you mean i can use ISY 994i/IR Pro with Insteon Hub at 220V/50Hz, right? All i need to do is contact Steve to modify Hub to make it act as a serial PLM?

I am preparing to return ISY 994i/IR Pro to Smarthome but I am very excited if this is real.

Regards,

Steve may have the information on the changes.

It may not be an easy modification.

The HUB would need electrical and mechanical changes to bring the PLM signals to the outside world.

Like add a serial connector or completely rewire the present RJ45 Network Connector on the HUB. To the signals found on the RJ45 Serial Connector of a 2413S Serial PLM.

The serial signals would probably have to be converted from TTL level signals to RS232 signal levels. I doubt the internal signals are RS232 as TTL or CMOS signal levels internally are probably used.

You would violate your countries safety certificate on your HUB.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dave,Thanks so very much for the feedback. It's precisely for the reasons you outlined that we have embarked on design and development of our own PLM the prototypes of which should be available by the end of the month.We will not forget about you and will keep everyone posted.With kind regards,Michel

Is the UDI PLM available? It was suggested in an earlier post that it will be available by the end of September. If so where?

Hi jwagner010,

We are getting 5 by the middle of the month. Once we verify everything is working properly, we'll go to production. I am not sure where you read that it would be available by the end of September ... hardware design/build process takes at least 6 months. So, I would say probably in the middle of 1Q 2015 for production unit.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 1 month later...

Hello Michael

Please let me know if the US version will be 100-240V. On my country we use the US RF specs, 60Hz and 220V.

ISY is a great product. Thanks for the hard work

regards

Eduardo

Hello Eduardo,

The PLM will be a true International version so all frequency and voltage should be covered when this product is made available.

• 4 months later...

Hi jwagner010,

We are getting 5 by the middle of the month. Once we verify everything is working properly, we'll go to production. I am not sure where you read that it would be available by the end of September ... hardware design/build process takes at least 6 months. So, I would say probably in the middle of 1Q 2015 for production unit.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Can you give us a status update on the universal PLM? I had hoped your estimate (middle of Q1 2015) would have been correct, but unfortunately it wasn't.

Thanks,

Bart

Archived