All devices turn on - intermittent.

Legodeveloper

If the events are related to an I/O Linc Sensor it sounds like the Trigger Reverse option is being used. Although that option reverses the commands sent as the Sensor turns On and Off it does not reverse the Query results. The 3AM query will change the state of the Sensor when Trigger Reverse is used.

The best solution is change the magnetic switch to the NO/NC version so the NO magnetic switch can be used and Trigger Reverse turned Off.

Why does it only happen occasionally?

Yes it is being used with Trigger Reverse, UPDATE: Actually it is NOT in Trigger Reverse mode, that was a prior iteration. This is a water sensor and is NC to be fail-safe. Once the sensor is triggered, it stays off until the user can check the condition and reset it when the condition has been rectified and there is no water present.

I'm having what appears to be a similar problem with "random" events. These occur right after the query takes place at 3:00 am - the setup is fairly complex, but essentially I have an IOLinc that has twice tripped OFF at 3:09 am for no apparent reason.

The PLM version is reported as v99. Does this mean I will have to replace it?

What are the consequences of not running the Query program at 3:00 am?

I have just changed the time to 4:00 am to make sure there is consistency in the timing of the event, but it could be a couple of weeks before I see it again.

This should actually read that the IOLinc has twice tripped OFF at 3:00:09 am - 9 secs from the Query program running, not the 9 mins that my initial post indicated.

Michel,

Can you tell me if this would address the issue that I'm having (see previous posts) or is this a different problem?

I don't appear to be having "all on" triggers, but as described I'm having intermittent problems after the Query runs at 3:00 am.

I actually created a program to try to recreate this. It runs the Query program, and I ran it for 100 iterations - but the problem didn't show up. Yet on two occasions in three weeks I've seen it happen at 3:00:09 am....

Hi Guy,

No, the problem you are having is related to status mismatch between what the IOLinc has reported and what it responds with after query.

The only thing that would cause this is Trigger Reverse but your is not set.

You might want to contact our tech support (links below) to further investigate what might be causing this issue.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived