Venstar Thermostat Adapter - Signal Links

Eddie Reed

Quick question. I currently have two (older) signal links and have just installed my Venstar Thermostats with RF adapter. Do I need to upgrade from the signal links to the newer access points to work with the thermostats... I've tried everything I can think of to link the thermostats in to both the signal links and the 99i. Am I overlooking the obvious?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this has been posted else where.

Eddie

Yes, the Thermostat Adapters require at least one AccessPoint. Per SmartHome's web site:

Note: INSTEON Thermostat Adapter is an RF-only INSTEON product, which is not X10 compatible. At least one Access Point is required to communicate with your plug-in or wire-in INSTEON-compatible devices.

You could keep your SignalLincs to bridge your power legs if you'd like, and simply add an AccessPoint for the thermostat. Or, upgrade all your SignalLincs to AccessPoints.

SmartHome used to have a program in place where you would buy a pair of AccessPoints, then trade-in your SignalLincs for a RemoteLinc - effectively giving you a "free" upgrade as long as you were interested in buying a RemoteLinc.

Not sure if that program is still going on, you might want to call them and ask.

Archived