Full Address

eyeandy

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but...

In the admin panel, is there anywhere we can find the full address of a device (after it has been renamed)?

Currently, for the EZIO2x4 I have to activate one of the relays and look it up in the rest/status. It would make life a little easier if it was displayed when the device is selected

Click on My Lighting to see the device addresses. It is also displayed on line 2 on the right side when the node is selected.

I believe what eyeandy is looking for is a place to see the whole address of a node - including the node id as used in a /rest call. I don't believe there is a place in the admin console to find that. You would have to either hit /rest/devices with a browser and pick through the XML returned or generate a topology report from Tools / Generate Topology. I far prefer the Topology report for this myself.

-Xathros

Click on My Lighting to see the device addresses. It is also displayed on line 2 on the right side when the node is selected.

I am not sure the title "My Lighting" exists anymore. I believe it was replaced with "ISY" or "Network".

eyeandy

My Lighting exists for those of us who have been using ISY from the 99i days. My 99i configuration was transferred to a 994i when it was released so the names used in the 99i continue. It is a good point to note that folks who started with a 994i would see ISY rather than My Lighting when posting activity suggestions. Thanks.

Thanks Xathros,

Topology is exactly what I was looking for!

Why not include the node id with the address in the locations LeeG noted?

I believe I have sen this requested some time ago and UDI noted it was on the requirements list for a future update with a low priority since the info is easily available via /rest and the topology report. I agree that it should be on line 2 of the device screens and the network summary/my lighting screen..

-Xathros

Archived