Remove Insteon Dimmer Replace with 6 Button Keypad

apeelvis

I have an Insteon 2477D dimmer switch installed in my master bedroom. I would like to replace it with a 2334-232 dimmer keypad. The function of the current dimmer switch needs to be moved to the two main on/off buttons of the replacement dimmer keypad. The other 4 buttons will have some garage functions and vacation mode functions added to them later.

Is there a procedure for swapping the old dimmer with the new dimmer keypad and transferring the dimmers function to the new keypad?

I know there is a "replace with" function, but the keypad doesn't come up as an option.

Thanks you for any help!

Replace with is only an option for very similar devices. A Switch to a KPL won't work as you have found out.

1) Click on your current Switch and make not of it's scene memberships as both controller and responder. After you remove the switch and add the KPL, you will need to add the KPL's primary node to these scenes in place of the switch.

2) Go to the programs tab and right click on My Programs, Select Find/Replace and search for the name of your current switch. Make note of any programs in which that switche's name is found. After you remove the switch and add the KPL, you will need to edit these programs and replace "Undefined" with the KPL's primary node. If you add the KPL before removing the switch, you can use the Find/Replace to replace the Switch with the KPL primary node in your programs then remove the switch afterward.

Unless you have some very complex stuff going on, this should only take a few minutes to accomplish.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Archived