Android users...

jmed999

This thread wasn't meant to bash Mobilinc although the post from Wes is more of the same.

Just wait till our next release coming soon...then we are all disappointed about the new release and told wait till the next one.

This thread was intended to find developers for Android that could create an app that works with the ISY better than the current options. Heck I wish we had a few to choose from. At this point I don't think we have 1 good one.

So lets stop bashing Mobilinc. We all know their limitations with Android. How can we get other developers interested in creating apps for the ISY?

Hello everyone,

As mentioned before, we are investigating other Android alternatives and we would be delighted to help with this effort. If anyone has any ideas please do let us know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, thanks for your interest in Android alternatives! As far as ideas....I would like to see an Android app that has the capability of the IOS apps.

Somehow I think we need to contact developers that have created similar apps for Android. Since Android has more of the smartphone market, I would think developers could make a profit creating such apps. It may be somewhat easy to lure the developers into creating such an app.

Hello rvc,

1. Z-Wave is still beta and will remain beta till we get certified

2. We do not share anything with MobiLinc that's not been shared publicly and with other 3rd party developers

3. We do not know MobiLinc's software development plans

4. I asked Wes to post so that he would have a voice

jmed999,

We are pretty open to anyone interested in developing an Android app for ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Here's my wish list for an Android HA app:

• Integrates with ISY and its modules including Z-wave, Weather, etc.
    Modern interface that isn't blocky or funky colors
    Interface for thermostats in ISY (current temp, set point up/down, mode, etc)
    Interface for Elk security (natively or through the ISY. Current state, arm/disarm, acknowledge alarm, etc)
    Interface for and support of ONVF IP-cameras.(view live feeds and review snapshots triggered by events) NVR support would be even better with BlueIris
    Does not require cloud based connection (uses local LAN only) though should probably have one for other useres
    Maintains state information of devices/scenes/programs in real time in the background so there isn't a sync delay when opening to use
    Allows customization of the status of devices, scenes, and programs per item (e.g. true=open=red, false=closed=green, etc)
    Support widgets for status and actions

It would be neat to see an HA mobile app that has an agent that runs on a machine at home that actually talks to ISY, cameras, etc and the mobile devices all talk to it. Therefore, customization is done all in one place and reduces traffic to the HA controller/s.

Here's my wish list for an Android HA app:

• Integrates with ISY and its modules including Z-wave, Weather, etc.
    Modern interface that isn't blocky or funky colors
    Interface for thermostats in ISY (current temp, set point up/down, mode, etc)
    Interface for Elk security (natively or through the ISY. Current state, arm/disarm, acknowledge alarm, etc)
    Interface for and support of ONVF IP-cameras.(view live feeds and review snapshots triggered by events) NVR support would be even better with BlueIris
    Does not require cloud based connection (uses local LAN only) though should probably have one for other useres
    Maintains state information of devices/scenes/programs in real time in the background so there isn't a sync delay when opening to use
    Allows customization of the status of devices, scenes, and programs per item (e.g. true=open=red, false=closed=green, etc)
    Support widgets for status and actions

It would be neat to see an HA mobile app that has an agent that runs on a machine at home that actually talks to ISY, cameras, etc and the mobile devices all talk to it. Therefore, customization is done all in one place and reduces traffic to the HA controller/s.

That all sounds great! I would love an app that does all this. I think as more and more people migrate from computers to smartphones, tablets, and wearables, apps like you describe will become a very important part of the HA systems.

• 1 month later...

What's the latest on this?  Mobilinc updated the Android app but it didn't include Elk integration, variables, power and the Zwave support they added doesn't work well.  Mobilinc leaves a lot to be desired even though it costs me $30 per year.  I guess it just seems like we could do better.

Archived