Cannot access upgrade file on Mac OS X

jstens

I am trying to manually upgrade firmware using Mac OS X for isy 994i. When I go to the manually upgrade isy link under help, I get the Mac finder pop up to pick the file. The problem is in that popup it does not show any files under any of my folders. Like it cannot access the file system. I tried a thumb drive, external drives, changing access privileges. Nothing works, can't see or access

Files.

I am trying to manually upgrade firmware using Mac OS X for isy 994i. When I go to the manually upgrade isy link under help, I get the Mac finder pop up to pick the file. The problem is in that popup it does not show any files under any of my folders. Like it cannot access the file system. I tried a thumb drive, external drives, changing access privileges. Nothing works, can't see or access

Files.

This has been a long standing bug somewhere (java?). Change the view mode of Finder back and forth until you see files. Also, if you used Safari to download the update then the file you want is likely in the Trash.

• 1 year later...

still having that problem. The "Finder" window only shows some directory names, and no directory icons as well as no file names. Can't select the update file :( I did try witching between view modes, as well as finding the file by name and dragging dropping the file into the finder window. No luck. Almost looks like a permission issue. 

I was plagued by that problem forever. About 6 months ago it went away. As a nuclear option try killing all caches for Java. And then uninstalling Java. Then grab the latest 8 45?) then try things. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.5 and I don't have issues with the file dialog any more.

Ok. I think I finally found the root cause. It also fixed issues with backing up the configuration:

- In Safari, go to Preferences -> Security -> "Website Settings" (next to "Plug-Ins") -> Select Java on the left -> on the right, you will see a list of web sites that you trust. For the IP address of your ISY device, change "Allow" to "Run in Unsafe Mode". 

Once you have done it, open the admin app again and it should work.

• 7 months later...

Archived