Switchlinc Relay shows up as KPL Dimmer in ISY???

Guest Digger

I replaced a switchlinc relay with a new one (the old one was acting up) and the new switchlinc comes up as a KPL Dimmer in ISY GUI (with no secondary buttons showing). I can adjust dim levels in the ISY and it seems to update the device (no error message) but it is definelty a switchlinc relay.

I tried asking this question on Techmall and it keeps getting deleted as FUD by the moderator but this is really happening. I am guessing it is a firmware problem in the device itself. Any other ideas?

Edit its actually 2 relays that show up as Keypadlinc Dimmers.

Digger,

Wow, I guess we are witnessing the same issues as we did with new KPLs. Would you be kind enough to let me know what version is ISY reporting? I would sincerely appreciate it.

We would simply have to order the same SWL relays to see where the problem is coming from.

Thanks for reporting this.

With kind regards,

Michel

I replaced a switchlinc relay with a new one (the old one was acting up) and the new switchlinc comes up as a KPL Dimmer in ISY GUI (with no secondary buttons showing). I can adjust dim levels in the ISY and it seems to update the device (no error message) but it is definelty a switchlinc relay.

I tried asking this question on Techmall and it keeps getting deleted as FUD by the moderator but this is really happening. I am guessing it is a firmware problem in the device itself. Any other ideas?

Digger,

Wow, I guess we are witnessing the same issues as we did with new KPLs. Would you be kind enough to let me know what version is ISY reporting? I would sincerely appreciate it.

We would simply have to order the same SWL relays to see where the problem is coming from.

Thanks for reporting this.

With kind regards,

Michel

One comes up V.29 and the other V.26. They are both hardware version 2.5 and one is 0739 and the ohter is 0810 for the date codes.

These were sitting in my garage a few months (new in the boxes) and I replaced existing devices that were going bad and causing problems. They seem to work fine but they are coming up wrong type of device in ISY.

SH Rep on techmall said is was just FUD and deleted the posts (I was only asking I wasnt complaining about it) but I guess you have seen this and know its not FUD. Is it a big deal in the end? I guess not since they work. They are in a 4 gang box that was a PIA to put in. I guess I could pull them out and send them to you if SH does not have any.

Edit:

Dont go crazy over this as everything seems to work ok. I still have a spare switch so I can replace one of them and send you one of these if you want. Its not that big of a deal to me either way (unless you are aware of a problem I am not thinking of). I am guessing it is a simple firmware glitch in the switches.

Michel -

Latest I have here is a SwitchLinc Relay labeled v2.5. ISY shows it as firmware v.2C. I tried adding it both via "Start Linking" and manually by address, and both methods bring it in correctly as a SwitchLinc Relay. Running ISY firmware v2.6.6.

I also have some slightly older SwitchLinc Relays labeled v2.2 that the ISY show as firmware v.28, and those seem fine.

Anyone else with a newer SwitchLinc Relay to test?

If this is really a SH issue and not an ISY issue then shouldn't SH address this? I dont want you guys to waste time on this especially if things seem to work ok in the end. I dont see why I cant live with this if they work ok and I am aware its the wrong device type. If they were dimmers and coming up as relays and I could not dim them it would be a concern.

Hi Digger,

You are right and thank so very much for not wanting to worry about it. This said, however, we consider you an ISY expert but for our newer ISYers we cannot have an inaccurate system regardless of the source/cause of the bug.

Thanks again for reporting it,

With kind regards,

Michel

If this is really a SH issue and not an ISY issue then shouldn't SH address this? I dont want you guys to waste time on this especially if things seem to work ok in the end. I dont see why I cant live with this if they work ok and I am aware its the wrong device type. If they were dimmers and coming up as relays and I could not dim them it would be a concern.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Digger,

You are right and thank so very much for not wanting to worry about it. This said, however, we consider you an ISY expert but for our newer ISYers we cannot have an inaccurate system regardless of the source/cause of the bug.

With kind regards,

Michel

Just curious if SH was able to provide you with samples. I had a KPL die the other day and will use my last spare tonight or tomorrow to replace it. Since I have to order more devices anyway I could get a spare switchlinc relay and replace one of the ones that comes up as a KPL and send to you once I get my SH shipment.

Digger,

No, not yet. And I would it if you could send us the one that is reporting as KPL. I would be more than happy to pay for shipping. I shall send you our UPS account number via email.

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Just curious if SH was able to provide you with samples. I had a KPL die the other day and will use my last spare tonight or tomorrow to replace it. Since I have to order more devices anyway I could get a spare switchlinc relay and replace one of the ones that comes up as a KPL and send to you once I get my SH shipment.

Digger,

No, not yet. And I would it if you could send us the one that is reporting as KPL. I would be more than happy to pay for shipping. I shall send you our UPS account number via email.

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Digger,

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok I will place my order today. I should have it in about a week.

Archived