Scene not held by keypad dimmer switch

sandryseibert

Hi all,

I just figure that when my ISY is power off my Keypad scenes doesn't work.

Before start to use my ISY 994i I've configure all scenes for every single key and looks like when I reproduced these scenes on my ISY it was gone from Keypad internal memory.

Does anyone can help me with this?

Configuration:

1 keypad 6 buttons

ON = ON at max

OFF = OFF

Scene A = ON 25%

Scene B = ON 50%

Scene C = ON 75%

Scene D = Lifting (another Insteon device)

That simple. When my ISY is off, only ON and OFF keep working.

Thank you

Sandry Seibert

For maintenance. I had to install an external antenna to improve the Z-wave signal, my schlage lock start to send an unknown status every day at 3am due the ISY factory query and lack of response from my lock.

However, you are correct, the ISY should be always ON. But I already had a situation where the ISY simply froze and I wasn't able to control anything till turn ISY off and on again. I'm not sure if ISY has a watchdog to reset when thing like this happens.

By the way, what happened with links I made prior to install my ISY and my PLM? I never had to have a PLM to add scene feature and don't well understand why my ISY erase these scenes when I added my switchlink to him. Also I had to create tons of programs to math the configuration did early like turn the LED of each key ON and OFF accordingly to the scene selected.

What happens to pre ISY links depends on the option used when adding the device to the ISY.   The default 'remove existing links' and 'add devices and remove links' will erase existing links.   The last option 'add devices and keep existing links' will keep the existing links.   Regardless of which option links will  be added to link device with PLM.

Using one ISY Scene with multiple Controllers (each KPL button) the Scene will insure that only the appropriate button LED is On.  There are cases where other Scenes are needed to turn Off button LEDs but the case where A,B,C,D are setting a unique load On Level normally other ISY Scenes are not needed.

Archived