Another ALL ON Event

My system experienced antoher ALL ON event today at 3:55:02 PM -this is my third event in probably a year. All events occured with the same series of events - I opened my Garage Door #2 and it is enough to trigger all three of these events for me.

My Garage Door(s) open with a simple button on the wall and they have an IOLinc connected as a sensor that I can use in my programming. (Door closed=sensor off)

I am enclosing my event log that includes this timeline. You can see the Garage / Garage Door #2-Sensor get activated at 3:55:03 PM on 08-10-2014 and this was the trigger for the ALL ON event. Since I was leaving the house at that time I ran back in and had to physically turn off or trun on/off all by devices in the house to reset then so that the ISY knew they were off.

After I had two of these exact same events I returned my PLM to Aartech.ca and had them replace it for me. So this is a new PLM to me and the first ALL ON event using it.

I am going to include my Garage Door Programs here to see if there is something that might pop out to someone that I could change.

Right now I have the Garage Ceiling light turn on when either garage door is opened. This ceiling light times out and turns off after some time to leave. I have two KPL switches that act as responders to show me that the garage light is on as well as different buttons to show the garage door(s) is open.

Garage 1 Light Switch

If
        Control 'Garage / Garage Door #1-Sensor' is switched On
    And Status  'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' is not On

Then
        Wait  1 second
        Set 'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' On
        Run Program 'Garage Light Timer' (Then Path)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Garage Light Timer

If
        Control 'Foyer / Foyer KPL8 / Foyer KPL8.F' is switched On
     Or Control 'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Garage / Garage Ceiling' On
        Wait  5 minutes 
        Repeat 3 times
           Set 'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' 50 (Beep Duration)
           Wait  1 second
        Repeat 1 times
           Wait  15 seconds
           Set Scene 'Garage / Garage Ceiling' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I use this program to light LEDs as notices:

Garage Light Ceiling LED

If
        Status  'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' is On
    And Status  'Garage / Garage Lightswitch' is not Off

Then
        Wait  1 second
        Set Scene 'Foyer / Garage Ceiling LED' On
        Set Scene 'Master Bedroom / Hall - D Door LED' On

Else
        Wait  1 second
        Set Scene 'Foyer / Garage Ceiling LED' Off
        Set Scene 'Master Bedroom / Hall - D Door LED' Off

I have some other Garage Light and Door programming but nothing else that is triggered off the door opening.

So if someone has a suggestion on something for me to try please let me know. I have no idea if a FilterLinc on my garage opener would make any difference or not. The IOLinc is plugged into the same outlet as the opener in the top of the garage.

Dwight

EDIT: Added photo of Garage Ceiling Scene devices

UDReport-ALL-ON-2014-08-10-3-55-02-PM-trimmed.zip

post-2325-0-21608900-1407769332_thumb.jpg

Right ... None in the garage scenes.

I have a Kitchen Motion sensor that runs undercounter lights. I have another motion sensor in my foyer but no programs or links for it yet. I have one battery door sensor and three remote controls but none in the garage scene that caused the ALL ON events.

Dwight

Thanks Michel,

I have made that change and will see what happens ... I am still looking forward to the UDI PLM even if it has the same firmware as Smarthome ...

Dwight

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 4.2.10 the other day - had ANOTHER all on event with my garage door opener tonight. This is my fourth ALL ON event and they all had to do either one of my garage door opening.

Kind of running out of ideas of what else to try - I have not isolated out the opener motors but I guess that is something I am going to have to try a FilterLinc on and just wait to see if it happens again.

Getting very discouraged with these events ...

• 2 weeks later...

So I just had one of these All-ON events happen about 20 mins ago when my wife opened the garage door.

We've had this system in place since 2012. 

However, since that time, have upgraded to 994i and my PLM burned out about 6 mos ago, so I currently have a replacement. Have only had one other All-ON event when that prior PLM burned out (That was the indication that it was done...the all-on event).

Am I supposed to call smarthome to get a new PLM as the fix?

I have installed the test PLM in my system now - I had four ALL ON events all of them related to my garage door(s) opening.

This PLM has a firmware revision done to it that cannot be done 'in the field'. Not too sure if Smarthome is shipping PLMs with this newer firmware but it appears by this conversation that they may be:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/14016-new-2413s-plm-what-version-do-you-have/

If you return your PLM then make sure you request the 1C firmware revision - hopefully this has 'fixed' our problem!

Dwight

I have installed the test PLM in my system now - I had four ALL ON events all of them related to my garage door(s) opening.

This PLM has a firmware revision done to it that cannot be done 'in the field'. Not too sure if Smarthome is shipping PLMs with this newer firmware but it appears by this conversation that they may be:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/14016-new-2413s-plm-what-version-do-you-have/

If you return your PLM then make sure you request the 1C firmware revision - hopefully this has 'fixed' our problem!

Dwight

Hello Dwight,

The 1C on the back of the 2413S PLM is the hardware version. What does the ISY report back as the firmware for this new PLM you received? As I have just recently received the same 1C PLM as you and wanted to confirm the firmware.

PLM Info/Status reports the address and vEF /Connected - is this what you mean!?

Dwight

Hello Dwight,

That is the correct place to confirm the PLM firmware. I thank you for taking the time to confirm your firmware level. Once I have sometime I will add my PLM to confirm which I am sure will be the same.

Has this new PLM resolved the All On problems you have been seeing? Lots of people are tracking this and many other related threads about this issue.

For me this is a spare PLM which is intended as a back up unit for that just in case!

I have only had this PLM installed since Friday evening - with no issues so far - we are thinking that this PLM will not allow the event to happen.

Not really enough time to tell yet - I am in Canada so the ship time was a killer in getting here from California.

I will certainly report if anything occurs again - but I am going forward with confidence!

Dwight

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dwight,

Thanks so very much for testing. I am so very glad that you have not had any more All On events.

Hello everyone,

If you wish (and you have a spare PLM), John at SmartHome has graciously accepted to flash your PLMs with the new firmware. If you are interested, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll arrange it for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

I don't currently have a spare PLM as my "spare" is running my test bed system.  I was hoping to hold off purchasing a new PLM until the UDI PLM becomes available. Based on the 2 year expected lifespan on the Smarthome 2413S, I figure I have just under a year remaining on my main PLM.  Will the UDI PLM ship with this version of the PLM firmware and within that time frame?

-Xathros

The UDI PLM will be much better from a circuit life perspective.   The UDI PLM firmware will be what SmartLabs is shipping so if SmartLabs PLMs are responsible for the All On the UDI PLM firmware will have the same issue.   There is a post by UDI to this point.

I have had the PLM with the revised firmware running since September 6 with no more ALL ON events!

Since Smarthome has kind of figured this firmware would not have that issue it was more just a verification on my end. No idea if this firmware is shipping in any units yet though - maybe someone else knows that.

Michel would have to let us know if the UDI manufactured PLM will have this firmware embedded in it but I would assume it would have. That is where my money is going to go for the next PLM I need - probably even before I need it!

Dwight

Archived