Another ALL ON Event

Hello all,

We will use SmartHome firmware without modifications.

With kind regards,

Michel

I guess the main question here is: Will Smarthome (and UDI as a result) adopt the version/changes that are mentioned above as production firmware going forward or is this our only chance to get a PLM that does not suffer from the All-On bug?

-Xathros

Will the ISY PLM have flashable firmware?

This is something SH would have to do. In another related thread it was stated a Insteon support member is willing to flash any members PLM to the latest build for this issue.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered this thread and I must admit that I'm happy that I'm finally not alone!  For months now I've been having a similar issue with my iolincs on the garage doors. Where randomly, about once or twice a month... the garage doors (2) would open simultaneously for no apparent reason.  The iolinc is triggered soley by an 8 button keypadlinc in which the main load was triggered by an insteon motion sensor.  I also have a second keypadlinc upstairs that is a responder only - keys light up to tell me if the garage is open or not.  On the second keypadlinc, the main load is also tied to a motion sensor, but this one is an elk sensor.

Here's where my case differs from the situations reported here, I've noticed that during those instances when the garage doors open randomly; that the event is usually after the elk motion sensor has been triggered and it appears that an ALL OFF command has been sent to a number of devices in the network... as I've noticed other lights going off.  My iolinc relay has been set to respond to both ON and OFF commands.  I've recently removed the motion triggered event from the mainfloor keypadlinc, so now it's only the second floor keypadlinc that is still tied to a motion triggered event, albeit, it is only a responder to the garage door relay.  I still experience the doors opening randomly.

As I've just discovered this thread, I just recently add the 3 sec delay to the motion sensor program as Michel has suggested.  I'm waiting to see if it happens again.  My question is, the newer PLMs are shipping with firmware version 1C.  Does anyone know if this will rectify the issue?

That is the PLM hardware level believed to address the 2 yr + PLM failure.

Click Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info/ Status to get the PLM firmware which is likely v.9B that does not have an All On resolution.

Thanks.  I should have added that yes, my current PLM is v.9B.  So to confirm, v.1C has the resolution for the ALL ON issue?

"So to confirm, v.1C has the resolution for the ALL ON issue?"

NO.  The hardware (v.1C) was updated for other reasons.   The PLM firmware v.9B has seen the All On symptom.   Your All Off does not track with this topic although it could be the same issue. 

"So to confirm, v.1C has the resolution for the ALL ON issue?"

NO.  The hardware (v.1C) was updated for other reasons.   The PLM firmware v.9B has seen the All On symptom.   Your All Off does not track with this topic although it could be the same issue. 

I do recall at least two other members indicating they too had ALL OFF issues. As far as I am aware they have not posted back that their issue has persisted.

I think its fair to say the major problem for the majority of people is the ALL ON vs ALL OFF.

• 1 month later...

I just received my new PLM which is hardware version 2.0, but the firmware is v9E, even though I emailed SH and asked if this would be the latest hardware and firmware and was assured that it was.  I needed to get a new one since my current one is V1.A hardware V9B firmware was approaching it's two years and I didn't want it to die during the holidays.

I had never experienced the all on issue with my previous one, but now I'm worried I might with the new one?

• 1 month later...

Just to report my experience:

I had my first "all light on" event :yesterday :(

My PLM is 4 year old: v1.A hardware (from the back of the PLM), V9B firmware (as reported by ISY994i)

Just some basic questions...

These threads assume that the problem for the "all lights on" issue is firmware and/or hardware.

Is there consensus on that?

I was assuming electrical noise of some sort, of which there is a lot in all our houses...  UPS, lots of power adapters, different phases/sub-panels, motors starting, fluorescent lights, TVs.  Should I blame the PLM instead?

Thanks,

Bert

Michel,

Yes, I do have programs that change the button lights of a KeyPadLinc.

I use scenes with just the keypad button in it:

scnene name = Guest-hall-light-on-feedback

content of scene = "Keypad1.B"

that are set/unset via programs like this:

If
        Status  'Downstairs / Hall / Hall-inFoyer' is not Off
     Or Status  'Downstairs / Hall / Hall-Bath' is not Off
     Or Status  'Downstairs / Hall / Hall-studio' is not Off

Then
        Set Scene 'MasterBed-KeypadLinc / Guest-hall-light-on-feedback' On

Else
        Set Scene 'MasterBed-KeypadLinc / Guest-hall-light-on-feedback' Off

Is there a known problem with doing that?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Bert

Michel,

I don't have ELK.

I assume you suggest to put a 2 sec delay to compensate of the slowness of the ISY program execution and any race conditions that might occur.

I solve that with programs like this:

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Repeat 10 times
           Run Program 'set-upstairs-lights-feedback' (If)
           Run Program 'set-downstairs-lights-feedback' (If)
           Run Program 'set-outdoor-lights-feedback' (If)
           Run Program 'set-guest-lights-feedback' (If)
           Wait  1 second

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Back to the initial issue: Do KeyPadLinc programs increase the chance of an all-lights-on event?

Thanks,

Bert

Yet another ALL ON. Nothing in the logs appeared unusual. Nothing seemed to be the trigger. KPL secondary buttons were unaffected. Lighting that was already on ramped to 100% which suggests that the All On is actually a Fast On.

Yet another ALL ON. Nothing in the logs appeared unusual. Nothing seemed to be the trigger. KPL secondary buttons were unaffected. Lighting that was already on ramped to 100% which suggests that the All On is actually a Fast On.

I wonder how many people are having this issue with a 99 Series Controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived