Unable to load city data in the Climate Module

DWalker

I am struggling with getting the city data to load in the climate to load into Isy. Before purchasing the module, I update the firmware and the UI to v4.2.8. I have deleted my Java Cache from both the Java Control Panel and by hitting x within the Java Console. I have reloaded my Unversal-Devices page on firefox while holding the x.  I have rebooted my computer multiple times. What am i missing?

Yes, my Firmware and UI are current (v4.2.8) and my Java was updated today. I know there are stations near by, it's my Isy that doesn't know how to find them. I've read that several folks have had challenges and thought maybe there was a known fix.

I read one poster had them load after an amount of time passed. Fingers crossed, that will be the case for me.

It seems that there is no fix other than what you've done. It seems that during these blank results there have been server issues. I wish the module were able to report connection issues rather than just return blank results. I have found that it has to do with the search function and not acquiring actual data. When I couldn't get any search results I manually just entered in a known station that existed and the module was able to return wx data. 24 hours later having made no changes I tried a search again and this time I got results.

For grins try entering KLAS in the code field and see if you get any data. (That's mccarren airport in Vegas). At least see if it can fetch data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I'm not so lucky, even with the Dashboard.  Verified firmware and UI is at 4.2.17, running OSX 10.9.4.  I open the Dashboard weather settings, click "find station" (it does so correctly), click "save", then in the "Choose Area" window, the save button is greyed out.  If I attempt to search via city nothing displays.  Any help?

Might be a bug, but I had to enter a station ID (entered a random one from another thread to start), then when I searched by city I had results.

On a side note, it would be very helpful to have a sticky somewhere that highlights the procedure for doing this.  I've had no prior experience with HAM stations and spent quite a bit of time googling and swearing.

It was first in the Admin Console where no city data appeared when searched, then I read this post and tried the Dashboard, to which I had the same results until I entered a valid station ID (again, I entered a random station ID that I found elsewhere on the forum).  From then on, the search function operated as normal and my loacal stations appeared.

Archived