How to trigger program when outletlinc is turned on

swbrains

Hi,

I'm trying to create a program that will trigger whenever an outletlinc is switched on.  But when I edit the program conditions and select "Control", the outletlincs are not listed.  If I choose "Status" I can then choose the outletlinc, but there isn't a "switched on" option, just on/off/responding.

I want to trigger the condition once when the outlet is turned on but then not be triggered continuously while it's on.

How would I best accomplish this?

Thanks!

What type OutletLinc is being used?

An OutletLinc Dimmer does support "If Control"

If
        Control 'OutLetLinc Dimmer' is switched On

Then
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I am not sure, but believe that the outletlinc was designed without being capable of being a scene controller. By what means do you intend to turn on the outletlinc?

That's true.An outletlinc is a responder only. If you turn it on or off manually at the outletlinc, the ISY would not know about it.Unless you set up a program to periodically query it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

A program with a trigger of "If Status is On" will only trigger once when the device first turns on.

It will not be "triggered continuously while it's on."

It will be re-triggered to run the next time the device turns on by any means (direct, scene, local).

​OutletLinc dimmers are controllers, but I believe OutletLinc relays are not.

Thanks everyone.  It's an on/off relay outletlinc, not a dimmer.  I am currently controlling it via a remotelinc2.  The reason I wanted to trigger a program based on the outlet alone was that I had the outletlinc turn on overnight so I'm guessing a stray signal from someplace.  In any event, I wanted to monitor this for a few days to see if it turns on when no one is actually using the remote, so I set up an email notification but the trigger needed to be "when the outlet turns on" rather than "when the remote is used to turn the outlet on" so I can determine if it's coming on without the remote.  

It's always possible I left the fan on overnight but I don't think so in this case, so hopefully this will let me determine if it's a consistent issue.  

I set it up using the if "status is on" method and tested it and it seems to have worked properly.  Just one message when it was switched on so I'll go with that for now and hopefully it really was just me (or someone else in the family) leaving it on.   :)

The problem with the OutletLinc Relay is that it functions as a Responder Only.   If something is linked to the OutletLinc and that link is known to the ISY the ISY knows the OutletLinc Relay should be On and triggers the "If Status" Program.   If the OutletLinc Relay turns On because of noise or with a link not known to the ISY the Program is not triggered because the OutletLinc Relay has no Controller function. 

1. Turn on an On/Off module, plug it into the controlled outlet and monitor the status of the module after you turn off the OutletLinc. Use a triple tap if you need to also control the fan.

2. Plug a SynchroLinc into the controlled outlet and the fan into the SynchroLinc. Use the SynchroLinc as a trigger.

Thanks everyone.  It's an on/off relay outletlinc, not a dimmer.  I am currently controlling it via a remotelinc2.  The reason I wanted to trigger a program based on the outlet alone was that I had the outletlinc turn on overnight so I'm guessing a stray signal from someplace.  In any event, I wanted to monitor this for a few days to see if it turns on when no one is actually using the remote, so I set up an email notification but the trigger needed to be "when the outlet turns on" rather than "when the remote is used to turn the outlet on" so I can determine if it's coming on without the remote.  

It's always possible I left the fan on overnight but I don't think so in this case, so hopefully this will let me determine if it's a consistent issue.  

I set it up using the if "status is on" method and tested it and it seems to have worked properly.  Just one message when it was switched on so I'll go with that for now and hopefully it really was just me (or someone else in the family) leaving it on.   :)

If your outlet linc did a have a control switched on, using this as the trigger would not trigger the program from 'a stray signal' since the outlet linc would be the responder.  control switched on only triggers when the on command was first generated by the device in question.

This would check for the status turning on, but exclude the remote.

If

control 'remote' is switched on

then

$i.outlettest = 1

wait 3 seconds

$i.outlettest = 0

If

status 'outletlinc' is on

and

$i.outlettest = 0

Then

send email