Trying to add Hidden door sensor Model #2845-222

espann

espann

Mike is of course right on about the Hidden Door Sensor not being supported by 3.3.10 meaning a move to a 994i.

However,  the Cannot Determine Insteon Engine is likely a comm issue in that Hidden Door Sensor is not able to talk through a near Dual Band device.  I point this out so that once running a 994i on 4.2.15 (or later) ISY image the Hidden Door Sensor will likely still have the comm issue until a Dual Band device is located closer to the Sensor.

The hidden door sensors do use the newer protocol, therefore they are not supported in the 99i.

Ok, thanks Mike and Lee, I'll have to get the new protocol. Is it still available at a discount?

I saw a link to an upgrade for the 99i to the 994 somewhere but I can't find it now..

You need a higher firmware or whatever the version is as well with the 994i not just the 994i itself as the hidden door sensor wouldn't add for me with the 4.0.5 official default since it's not supported so make sure you update it as I got the same error on the 994i until I did.

You need a higher firmware or whatever the version is as well with the 994i not just the 994i itself as the hidden door sensor wouldn't add for me with the 4.0.5 official default since it's not supported so make sure you update it as I got the same error on the 994i until I did.

Ok, thanks, will do.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I have the ISY 994i, with 4.4.3 firmware. I just got the hidden door sensor and I'm getting the same error as OP. I even moved it by a Range Extender dual band and still could not add it.

Ensure you have the same UI version as Firmware version (help > about,) place sensor in linking mode, open Event Viewer to Level 3, in UI Link Management > New Insteon Device and use auto discover.  Battery operated devices are RF only and can if I remember correctly about 4' away from PLM worked for me.  You can see progress in Event Viewer and if you continue to have difficulties click "Copy to Clipboard" icon lower toolbar and post trace in post.

also.. best to factory reset before each attempt.

Jon...

Baring you have followed all of the recommendation from Jon and it still does not work. Please select the two colored whirling arrows to add the device.

You will press on the whirling arrow and read and follow the steps as outlined. 

Archived