Clock sync command

larryllix

I had a power outage ISY reboot yesterday and last night I noticed some events that shouldn't have happened the way they did.

I have a time dependant scene setting of my bedroom lamp so that the MS response is only about 15% brightness. Last night it went on at 100% in the middle of the night for some reason.

The only reason I can think of is that the ISY clock was not set properly after the power outage/ISY reboot.

Thus...

a command to force the ISY clock to request the time base update may be useful and could used in the initialisation programs.

I have it set to sync  every 24 hours but have set it down to 8 hours now.

You mean at startup as an option? I am a little surprised the clock would be off after a power outage.

If it was I cant see it being off for more than 5-10 minutes.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

An isolated command could be used wherever the user desires but I guess I don't see any usage for it other than bootup and then on a regular basis.

hmmmm... is the clock battery-backed-up? Perhaps the clock is already initiated behind the scenes by the ISY init firmware?

I can't think of how else these events could have happened twice in the middle of the night and then later in the early morning it functioned to the 15% level it should have. First thing this am I checked the program to see if it was intact figuring it got smudged somehow.

Hi larryllix,

ISY can hold time for 6 hours (as Brian correctly suggested) and, in addition, upon boot up, it tries to synch with the NTP server (retries 3 times). Personally, I do not think the issue was Time synch related. 

Questions:

1. Do these programs have anything above and beyond time values

2. What's your grace period (Configuration | System)

3. Do you have Catchup schedules at restart checked (Configuration | System)? ... you may want to take a look at this article: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Scope,_Precedence_and_Execution_Order#Boot.2FStartup_Sequence_and_Program_Execution_Order 

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi larryllix,

ISY can hold time for 6 hours (as Brian correctly suggested) and, in addition, upon boot up, it tries to synch with the NTP server (retries 3 times). Personally, I do not think the issue was Time synch related. 

Questions:

1. Do these programs have anything above and beyond time values

2. What's your grace period (Configuration | System)

3. Do you have Catchup schedules at restart checked (Configuration | System)? ... you may want to take a look at this article: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Scope,_Precedence_and_Execution_Order#Boot.2FStartup_Sequence_and_Program_Execution_Order 

With kind regards,

Michel

I don't think this would apply in this case as the outage was many hours before the annoyance event, actually the previous day but... You never know and I will have a study and think about this some more. 

Thanks for the info pointer and your resolution hints. This sequence of power up events was coming in my questions one day when I get to thinking more about another quirk I have encountered.

I guess this nullifies my thread idea as the only case for it's usage is moot with the time sync already incorporated into boot-up sequences.

Archived