Thermostat Cycle Fan Mode

MikeD

I have a Trane TZ400BB3VZNNSL Z-Wave thermostat, which is basically the same as a RCS TZ45. Fan Modes available for selection on the thermostat itself are Auto, On and Cycle. Could you please add the option for Cycle Fan to the Fan Mode selection?

post-3657-0-34958100-1412357797_thumb.png

When the thermostat is set to Cycle Fan mode the ISY Admin Console displays the Fan Mode as Auto High.

The command http://ISYADDR/rest/nodes/ZW###_1/set/CLIFS/2 will set the thermostat to Cycle Fan mode.

Thanks

~Mike

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but I'm in the same boat with a clone of this thermostat.

I have the evolve T100R on version 02.02.36.

I'm running 5.0.2 right now and would love to be able to choose the circulate option without being in front of it.

A Z-Wave thermostat reports all of the modes/fan modes etc. that it supports.  It may be that it is just incorrectly reporting the wrong set of fan modes.

I'll open a bug report to see if we can do something custom for this thermostat, or add a generic manual override feature of some sort.  Not sure when this will be fixed though.

A Z-Wave thermostat reports all of the modes/fan modes etc. that it supports.  It may be that it is just incorrectly reporting the wrong set of fan modes.

I'll open a bug report to see if we can do something custom for this thermostat, or add a generic manual override feature of some sort.  Not sure when this will be fixed though.

Chris/Michel:

Has there been any there (possibly further) discussion of adding the ability to send arbitrary Z-Wave data?

For example, back when I ran things with my Vera, you could send data to a specific node.

In this case, I could trigger the fan with the following:

Fan: luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 <fanMode>'},1)

<nodeID> is the Z-Wave Node ID
<fanMode> can be:
0: auto
1: on
2: cycle

I've seen references that you could also set "parameter 68" to the desired value, but I am not at home, and cannot try.

Well I don't know if this helps, but it seems that the ISY is getting the info from the thermostat... the option to set it just isn't there.
I'll see what I can find playing with the parameter 68.

Oops..I guess the screenshot didn't attach properly using my tablet...take 2.

post-6054-0-84166500-1471389241_thumb.png

Chris/Michel:

Has there been any there (possibly further) discussion of adding the ability to send arbitrary Z-Wave data?

For example, back when I ran things with my Vera, you could send data to a specific node.

In this case, I could trigger the fan with the following:

Fan: luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='68 1 <fanMode>'},1)

<nodeID> is the Z-Wave Node ID

<fanMode> can be:

0: auto

1: on

2: cycle

I've seen references that you could also set "parameter 68" to the desired value, but I am not at home, and cannot try.

That would be awesome if possible! Add my +1!

Hello all,

I would have to defer it to Chris. This said, and based on our history with INSTEON, I very much doubt we would allow this simply because changes made to Z-Wave nodes are captured and religiously synched with actual Z-Wave device configuration. Allowing this basically means that any type of backup and restore will be meaningless as ISY would probably never know what has been done to a device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived