2245-222 HUB II

Brian H

Teken,

I have seen somewhere on the forum a post from Michel, something to the the effect that Smartlabs changed their mind and is undecided whether to allow UDI to do their own PLM. I couldn't find that post right now but it was quite recent.

Teken,

I have seen somewhere on the forum a post from Michel, something to the the effect that Smartlabs changed their mind and is undecided whether to allow UDI to do their own PLM. I couldn't find that post right now but it was quite recent.

I do recall that thread but Michel's reply didn't provide much clarity as to what exactly was happening. I took it that he and the company were simply waiting for either the following so will let UDI clarify any points I have made.

1. Smartlabs / Smarthome is currently in a holding pattern until they confirm the ALL ON / ALL OFF issue is resolved before releasing new firmware etc.

2. UDI had requested in having the ability to flash the EEPROM Insteon chip should it be required. As they do with the Z-Wave chips as it would speed up development and allow bugs to be resolved should they arise.

3. Assuming the two points are true this is why we are still waiting for the UDI made PLM.

All of this information was stated by Michel over many months and at the time was accurate. If things have changed and the actual partnership in creating new PLM has been dropped UDI will need to confirm this to the members. I hope very much this is not the case because I know lots of folks around the world are really wanting this to come to market.

Our International brothers across the globe are waiting wallet in hand to make this purchase. The influx in sales for the product would provide UDI the resources to expand their current man power to work on other parts of development etc. 

Well I hope the UDI PLM is still in process.

If not the Insteon Modem I have seen vague references to,  built on the HUB chassis maybe the only game in town. For overseas users.

I do recall that thread but Michel's reply didn't provide much clarity as to what exactly was happening. I took it that he and the company were simply waiting for either the following so will let UDI clarify any points I have made.

1. Smartlabs / Smarthome is currently in a holding pattern until they confirm the ALL ON / ALL OFF issue is resolved before releasing new firmware etc.

2. UDI had requested in having the ability to flash the EEPROM Insteon chip should it be required. As they do with the Z-Wave chips as it would speed up development and allow bugs to be resolved should they arise.

3. Assuming the two points are true this is why we are still waiting for the UDI made PLM.

All of this information was stated by Michel over many months and at the time was accurate. If things have changed and the actual partnership in creating new PLM has been dropped UDI will need to confirm this to the members. I hope very much this is not the case because I know lots of folks around the world are really wanting this to come to market.

Our International brothers across the globe are waiting wallet in hand to make this purchase. The influx in sales for the product would provide UDI the resources to expand their current man power to work on other parts of development etc. 

I found the 2 posts from Michel:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/12934-isy-support-for-insteon-hub/?p=137188

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/15823-lost-comm-to-isy-994i-4222/?p=138616

Let's hope the reason is one of those you mentioned & not Smartlabs deciding to impede UDI. 

I actually literally have a brother who lives in the UK. He would have loved to buy a bunch of Insteon gear two years ago, but not if he can only use the Hub and not the ISY. He is still waiting.

I found the 2 posts from Michel:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/12934-isy-support-for-insteon-hub/?p=137188

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/15823-lost-comm-to-isy-994i-4222/?p=138616

Let's hope the reason is one of those you mentioned & not Smartlabs deciding to impede UDI.

I actually literally have a brother who lives in the UK. He would have loved to buy a bunch of Insteon gear two years ago, but not if he can only use the Hub and not the ISY. He is still waiting.

Yes those were the two I was thinking about. Let's see what information can be provided by UDI.

I believe they know the public is eager and willing to back this effort and product.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

I would hope that they would allow you to flash your own chips with an official firmware image and method to insure a fee is paid for each one you program.

If you have to buy the programmed chips. You could get stuck with older firmware if they make a change.

Brian, its patent related. Only SL flashes their chips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regardless of the issue, Michel knows what he is doing and he doesn't need his customers telling him how it should be.

He is in discussion with SmartHome and he will negotiate the best deal that SmartHome will allow.

Gary

Archived