Aeotec Siren - Gen5 (New One) Settings

Waketech

All,

just got this today, linking was super easy however I only see on/off/query commands.  From the website it looks like there are different tones available and LED colors, this does not seem to come up.  The only spot were I do see some options are when I right click on the device and select config parameters, there is a list but do not know what they mean.  Anyone have experience with this device ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any idea when the Siren will be fully supported???

UDI has been working hard on releasing the next iteration of 5.XX firmware for the ISY Series Controller. My understanding is since 4.3.1 has been released more resources will be tasked to work on Z-Wave implementation.

This encompasses multi-channel support for Z-Wave.

Michel,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm guessing that the ISY recently adopted z-wave support and it's primary function is Insteon...

I did not realize this at the I made the purchase. (still no regrets).

However, I have no intentions of migrating to Insteon any time soon but wondered if there was a way to distinguish what works with z-wave and what doesn't?

It's a bit frustrating to open a folder on the MAIN tab in the Admin interface and see the option 'ALL ON & ALL OFF' but that has no effect on z-wave so i'm guessing it's for Insteon.

Which leads me to the question, would there be a way to squelch the extensive Insteon menus for a z-wave only user?

Or should this best be posted on the request or idea forum.

Please forgive me if this post is out of place.

Hi Josshe,

All On/All Off is an INSTEON/X10 concept which should be renamed.

If you are NOT planning to ever use INSTEON, then please do let me know (support@universal-devices.com) and I'll send you a link to Z-Wave only firmware which will allow you to put Z-Wave devices in scenes and not be prompted by the request failed issue. Please note that this is a one way street and you might not be able to go back to INSTEON/Z-Wave firmware.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Thank you for your kindness, patience and understanding.

I sent the request to the email address.

I've purchase well over $1500.00 in z-devices which cover all but a few wall receptacles.

So I don't see Insteon in the near future unless the wife is unaware and actually doesn't monitor my credit card charges... :-P  :oops:

• 1 month later...

Mike,

Sorry the muti-channel stuff, getting all the data back not just a single item.  For example the siren has different tones, etc.

See post #15: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16395-aeon-aeotec-gen5-siren/?hl=parameter&do=findComment&comment=142766

Archived