Insteon 2243-222 HUB Pro

Teken

Smarthome has a list of supported devices on the hubpro's webpage. It does not list the thermostat so I assume it's not supported yet. 

Ya, except the box shows the thermostat on the side as one of the supported devices. I'm also having trouble using my iPad and iPhone with the same account. If I turn off a device with one the other doesn't seem to notice. Lots of bugs to be worked out.

Ya, except the box shows the thermostat on the side as one of the supported devices. I'm also having trouble using my iPad and iPhone with the same account. If I turn off a device with one the other doesn't seem to notice. Lots of bugs to be worked out.

I know when I saw the box and compared it to the supported device list I just shook my head.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Ya except the press release http://www.insteon.com/press-releases-blog/2015/6/2/insteon-now-shipping-apple-homekit-enabled-insteon-hub

Says "Insteon®, creators of the world’s premier home automation and control technology, today announced it is now shipping its new HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub, bringing Insteon products like switches, outlets, thermostats and light bulbs into the HomeKit ecosystem."

Ya except the press release http://www.insteon.com/press-releases-blog/2015/6/2/insteon-now-shipping-apple-homekit-enabled-insteon-hub

Says "Insteon®, creators of the world’s premier home automation and control technology, today announced it is now shipping its new HomeKit-enabled Insteon Hub, bringing Insteon products like switches, outlets, thermostats and light bulbs into the HomeKit ecosystem."

The key is "protucts LIKE..."

My guess is for external storage but that sounds so un Apple like.

Yeah doubtful. Maybe they added it just in case because they could and USB is cheap. Possibly firmware updates or something. Why would you need external storage?

Yeah doubtful. Maybe they added it just in case because they could and USB is cheap. Possibly firmware updates or something. Why would you need external storage?

I'm just spit balling here so bare with me. The addition of a USB port would allow NAS like features. It would allow user content to be accessed on the LAN / WAN.

It could also allow other USB Insteon based devices to be connected?

It could be used to connect to another computer?

I'm just spit balling here so bare with me. The addition of a USB port would allow NAS like features. It would allow user content to be accessed on the LAN / WAN.

It could also allow other USB Insteon based devices to be connected?

It could be used to connect to another computer?

It could be a place to store a spare USB cable so you will always have one close.

Lol @teken and @garyfunk - Who knows prob we are all wrong and they will go unused! All I know is I am tired of speculating at this point I just want a solid product that "just works". Whoever provides that with the features I'm after get my cash. ;) Im sticking with my ISY & Insteon. I recently came to the conclusion I shouldnt need an app to fill gaps and getting tired of "apps" in general. All this geofencing, voice commands and Siri integration are just features which seriously, do we REALLY need?

Yet anther example this company has no freaking clue about following standards and QA. Why would you ever release a update that offers less and impacts so many people?

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/insteon-products/insteon-hub-app/windows-8/64068-latest-windows-phone-app-is-a-disaster-roll-it-back-insteon

Is it ok to laugh at the people there posting how their "Insteon products are completely useless" because the Windows phone app is broken?

Ok I get it your mad, but useless? Really!? Your light switch is suddenly broken? Really!? Comical.

Is it ok to laugh at the people there posting how their "Insteon products are completely useless" because the Windows phone app is broken?

Ok I get it your mad, but useless? Really!? Your light switch is suddenly broken? Really!? Comical.

In part, I do agree.

Because for the most part remote access and control (is) an extension of the physical hardware. I know its quite popular to show off to others what control a person has clear across the world to their homes.

But, out side of a few scenario's I am physically turning things on / off. In those few cases where I use voice or a iOS device its because I am either not physically close enough or my hands are full.

I do however understand how someone can get upset though because one minute everything is working just fine. The next nothing works or there is service deprecation for no reason?

What really boggles my mind is that they have actual Beta users! Isn't the whole point of having Beta users is to determine bugs, issues, and conflicts? You use this valuable resource to identify these pre release issues!

You don't roll out a update that cripples a working platform which the bulk of the users count on for adding, deleting, creating scenes, etc. Every company is guilty of producing utter crap software and even using their base customers as Beta users.

We can name companies from A-Z that is for sure . . .

What I can at least say is that its sometimes human error and doesn't happen very often. With Smartlabs this has been historically the case each and every time! When you have a history of offering absolutely the worst designed and ill conceived and tested software, firmware, products.

It simply leaves a bad taste in a persons mouth . . .

Perhaps one day the CEO from the top down will just sell off the company and let someone who knows how to A) run a company B) communicate C) actually test their wares using industry standard practices!

To be fair to Smartlabs to date they have offered some of the best value, technology, and sex appeal to the HA industry. When I compare the dozens and dozens of competing Z-Wave / Zigbee hardware. Insteon does in fact shine above them all in terms of looks, feel, and flexibility.

On Topic: I was really hoping to see diagnostic tools in this HUB Pro. What a crying shame yet another box has been released with zero consideration of using proven tools they have on hand. This is another example of pissing away eight years of learning, growing, and selling the Insteon hardware.

I just have to shake my head thinking when is the other shoe going to drop . . . 

Yet anther example this company has no freaking clue about following standards and QA. Why would you ever release a update that offers less and impacts so many people?

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/insteon-products/insteon-hub-app/windows-8/64068-latest-windows-phone-app-is-a-disaster-roll-it-back-insteon

Looks like they should get their software done by the Chinese that manufacture their hardware and manuals. They may get better quality.

From everything I see, they followed everything that homekit has to offer. Insteon is not that big of a company to stand up against apple. What I see is a small company trying to play with the big boys and in order to do that, they are playing by their rules. When I look at the hub (which im not a fan of) and it's capabilities, I am hard pressed to think that the way the hubpro works would be their decision. 

• 2 weeks later...

A few more people expressing their dismay and frustration with the new HUB Pro. Looks like Smartlabs has halted all sales until such time as the Apple Homekit issue is resolved.

Doesn't pay to be first . . .

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/insteon-products/insteon-hub/69795-return-on-hope-for-hardware-software-update

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/insteon-products/insteon-hub/69309-issues-and-more-issues-hardware-or-software

Archived