Confirm 2441ZTH Compatibility

wayneph

So, I take it if the option in the Admin Console is not there, then the Up/Down arrows on the udajax page are not functional, hence the error message I'm receiving when trying to increase/decrease by 1 degree at a time...

I don't know for sure but I bet thats it.

-Xathros

The 2441ZTH battery powered thermostat does not have Setpoint Up/Setpoint Down. Does not matter if using a power supply, as a battery device those buttons are not available.

Would this apply to all battery devices?  I'm looking at getting a CT100 Z-Wave TStat and would like to have these buttons like my wired Insteon TStat...

I have two different firmware versions of the 2441ZTH thermostats linked to my ISY.

The older firmware - ISY can set setpoints, heat,cold, & auto modes, fan not sure,

The newer firmware - ISY cannot set anything. Appears it can and ISY shows it changed but a query sets it back to actual setting.

Neither can query to receive a temperature update, only modes and setpoints.

ISY does not show Setpoint Up or Setpoint Down for either and IST, despite being able to insert these lines of code cannot do this is programs

ISY does not contain the 2441ZTH as a model on the device selection, so I assume the support was never complete by UDI.

Humidity updates on a regular basis (1 minute on AC adapter) in lieu of a  heartbeat detection capability.

Temperature only updates by exception to the stat's internal rules = temperature change and n degrees change from the last temperature reported. This seems to be about 1.5 degrees C. Also causing temperature updates are some hardware buttons being pressed.

I only use mine as probes to ISY. Recently I have added a freeze backup heater in my utility room via On/Off module in my utility room, and a high humidity/temp vent fan via On/Off module in my cold cellar. 

Has anyone tried feeding an Insteon Wired Thermostat with a 24V supply, use it as a wireless and see if that would report actuals in reat time?  

Thats more or less what I'm doing with my Venstar T1800 stat.  It runs on 24v from my furnace.  ISY monitors the temp as reported by the stat and uses that info to control my Pellet stove via a relay.

-Xathros

I would say that the data coming from the Wired TStat is more instantaneous than the Wireless.  I expected the Wireless TStat to be more responsive and at least have the same options using the Web interface or the Admin console.  Then again, the Wired is more expensive than the Wireless...

I would say that the data coming from the Wired TStat is more instantaneous than the Wireless.  I expected the Wireless TStat to be more responsive and at least have the same options using the Web interface or the Admin console.  Then again, the Wired is more expensive than the Wireless...

The wireless stat also has to conserve energy to prolong battery life.  The wired one need not worry about that.

-Xathros

• 3 weeks later...

This is possible.  I'll have to check when I get home...

Also, I am remote now and using the udajax.  My wired TStat is functioning correctly as I can hit the arrows and either add or subtract a degree or more.  The wireless TStat, when I attempt to increase or decrease, I get this error...

error, Loading: /nodes/20 48 DA 1/cmd/DIM

But if I click on the wireless TStat, I'm able to actually change the setpoint number by selecting it from the drop down box.

I don't recall whether I was able to do this prior to the upgraded firmware...

I have two different firmware versions of the 2441ZTH thermostats linked to my ISY.

The older firmware - ISY can set setpoints, heat,cold, & auto modes, fan not sure,

The newer firmware - ISY cannot set anything. Appears it can and ISY shows it changed but a query sets it back to actual setting.

Neither can query to receive a temperature update, only modes and setpoints.

ISY does not show Setpoint Up or Setpoint Down for either and IST, despite being able to insert these lines of code cannot do this is programs

ISY does not contain the 2441ZTH as a model on the device selection, so I assume the support was never complete by UDI.

Humidity updates on a regular basis (1 minute on AC adapter) in lieu of a  heartbeat detection capability.

Temperature only updates by exception to the stat's internal rules = temperature change and n degrees change from the last temperature reported. This seems to be about 1.5 degrees C. Also causing temperature updates are some hardware buttons being pressed.

I only use mine as probes to ISY. Recently I have added a freeze backup heater in my utility room via On/Off module in my utility room, and a high humidity/temp vent fan via On/Off module in my cold cellar. 

Today I decided to try this again.   Remotely, using the HAD.htm screen and adjusting the temperature of my Insteon Wireless TStat.  Increment or decrement preset 1 degree at a time does function.  Doing the same using the UDAJAX.htm page results in an error...

Just thought you would like to know

PhanTomiZ

Archived