Replacing PLM

shannong

I tried cutting the breaker to reset this 2473 OutletLinc On/Off following the instructions in the manual. It doesn't behave as in the instructions. It doesn't shut off as you would expect and doesn't buzz like the rest of the Insteon devices when being reset. However, this isn't the first Insteon device I've had where the reset instructions weren't functional.

After what I thought was a failed reset attempt I couldn't turn it On/off anymore with ISY. So I deleted from ISY and added it again. I can control it but still no status update.

I also noticed one other thing. When I click select Advanced->PLM Communications I get an error saying this device doesn't support PLM settings.

I do have one other 2473. It behaves the same. No status update and no PLM settings. Guess these things are just kind of lame that way. I never use the On button on the 2473 OutletLincs so I don't really care. It's been 18 months since I installed them and haven't used the button yet or noticed this behavior. <shrug>

The 2472D OutletLinc Dimmers work as expected for both status and PLM settings.

Note to self: No more 2473OutletLinc On/Off unless absolutely necessary.

The 2473 OutletLinc is a responder only device. It does not update its status when controlled locally.

The 2473 OutletLinc is a responder only device. It does not update its status when controlled locally.

Correct, this is why the new dual band, dual outlet was such a God send. It is a controller / responder and works like a champ!

I've since discovered that. Why bother making a home automation node that doesn't update it's status? Ridiculous.

To be fair to Smartlabs this was their first go at the outlet linc. As you're aware you can not query a battery device either (not yet that is).

Correct, this is why the new dual band, dual outlet was such a God send. It is a controller / responder and works like a champ!

If I need anymore On/Off outlets they will definitely be the 2663 dual outlet even if I don't need the other plug controlled. Dual-band is handy as is the ability to get status updates combined with load sensing.

If I need anymore On/Off outlets they will definitely be the 2663 dual outlet even if I don't need the other plug controlled. Dual-band is handy as is the ability to get status updates combined with load sensing.

Extra bonuses are having the ability to turn RF / Power Line on or off. Along with Smarthops and other various feature enhancements which you can read here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/14735-insteon-onoff-outlet-2663-222-review/

Archived