Bright Status LED on ISY-994i

Markinsac

The main LED on the unit is quite bright.  Is there any way (other than covering it) to reduce the brightness?

In future versions, it might be an idea to provide for a way to do one of the following:

- turn off the LEDs in firmware settings

- have a variable to reduce the brightness

- use LEDs of a voltage rating that reduces the brightness of the output.

I used Light Dims on mine. They make another version which is an uncut sheet of the material that you can cut to any shape/size you need. I cut a rectangular piece long enough to cover all of the LEDs. It works well.

Otherwise, I agree that those LEDs are ridiculously bright.

When I first booted up my 994 I thought I was being arrested by the police.  The brightness on those LEDs is ridiculous.  I used tape over mind that but that blacks out everything.  I will definitly check out these LightDims because my wife also complains about other LEDs in the house being too bright.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately the LEDs are tied directly to GPIO pins on the cpu through pull up resistors. This will require BOM change (resistors) and since they are blue, increasing the resistor value may cause flickering and blinking.

jwf, I wanted to let you know that I responded to your ticket alas the email provided was wrong and no phone number was provided.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived