Email/Notification "from" doesn't work

jtara92101

I've created a custom notification. The From: part doesn't seem to work. It uses the default even though I filled out "from". e.g.

John Doe:jon@doe.com

I THINK I did it right, following the format shown on the form. I checked the PDF manual to see if I was doing something wrong, but this field isn't even shown in the manual.

Emails arrive with From: ISY Alerts

Texts arrive with:

Do I need to change the SMTP settings? I am using the default. Maybe it won't set "from" if you use the default ISY server?

If that's the case, the "from" field should be disabled in the Customizations unless you are using your own server.

The "from" value (even in Customizations) is ignored if you use the ISY server.

If you use your own server, you can set a global "from" in the SMTP settings, and then you can override it in individual Customizations.

Aside: Would be nice if you could use more than one SMTP server. That would be useful for "emergency" type messages - e.g. SmokeBridge, leak detector, etc.

Setting up SmokeBridge. I wanted to send to just myself if home, or a distribution list if away, or if home after a timeout (if not silenced within the timeout). I wouldn't want recipients to have to guess who "ISY" is... (Of course, can include name in message, but should be in "From"...)

Archived