OMG!! I am so tired of this app

James Peterson

It supports multiple profiles, with each being either a Mobilinc Connect account or a direct ISY connection.

I don't know if you can link multiple ISYs to a Mobilinc Connect account like you can to ISY Portal - but I think it's possible.

It supports multiple profiles, with each being either a Mobilinc Connect account or a direct ISY connection.

I don't know if you can link multiple ISYs to a Mobilinc Connect account like you can to ISY Portal - but I think it's possible.

So you would have one connected to mobi connect and the other through direct connection?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Only one selected at a time - so only connected to one at a time.

You can long-click the profile name to select a different profile (or add a new one).

Each profile contains it's own settings and favorites.

Only one selected at a time - so only connected to one at a time.

You can long-click the profile name to select a different profile (or add a new one).

Each profile contains it's own settings and favorites.

Got it. Never new I could do that.

WOW... Can't believe this thread is still going.  

In case anyone is interested not does not know.  I took matters in to my own hands.  http://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/120-agave-android-app/

Its not the greatest app yet, but its being worked on and I am taking suggestions.  Open Beta: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18817-open-beta-access/

I look forward to trying it. It's unfortunate that the creator of mobilinc doesn't care about android and only worries about iphone. I do unfortunately still need to use this broken app for tasker. Will your app have a tasker plugin? If yes then I'm done with mobilinc!

I look forward to trying it. It's unfortunate that the creator of mobilinc doesn't care about android and only worries about iphone. I do unfortunately still need to use this broken app for tasker. Will your app have a tasker plugin? If yes then I'm done with mobilinc!

Currently it does not. Can you give some examples of what you use tasker for and I'll make sure it gets on the to-do list.

Think of it this way, $50 for Mobilinc Pro app, $10 for voice plugin, $20 for the extended screens, $50 for Elk security, who knows what for camera access, and so on. While us Apple people just pay pay and pay. I was so close to buying the extended screens last night but stopped as I realized the money I have been paying. SMH the time I am done it will be an easy $100! If it cost that much up front I wouldnt have bought the app. Mission accomplished Wes/InsteonNut/Mobilinc :) Ya got me! Plus my clients too and I don't even get dealer pricing!

Can you not use Tasker against the ISY REST API (and/or the Portal) and bypass Mobilinc? I did a write up on the Wiki on how to do this...

Michael.

I'm in the hoping category that when UDI switches the admin console to HTML5 it will pave the way for a simple, websockets based native mobile interface as well.

I don't think hoping is necessary. I believe it's coming.... :) Just a question of when.

Got it. Never new I could do that.

Mobilinc has had this feature for sometime, at least as long as I have been using it. While it works well, changing profile takes several key presses to get to the other profile. It would be nice if the profile name was somewhere on the home page and a long press on the profile name would allow you to access the alternate profile without needing to go in to settings.

Dennis

Currently it does not. Can you give some examples of what you use tasker for and I'll make sure it gets on the to-do list.

I am of same mindset. Tasker integration is key differentiator, as are widgets. With tasker, one can create one-press buttons on the home screen to initiate ISY commands. I would rather avoid multi-step processes for those occasional times that I want to manually control my system via tablets, and I want those key control buttons on the home screen...one touch lights.

More important, perhaps, is the automation aspects of tasker. Using tasker, one can initiate ISY commands based upon darn-near any phone condition imaginable. I would imagine one of the popylar applications for this would be gps location. Tasker, in my mind, is one of the three major features that set android above ios.

Personally, I think we are being overly critical of mobilinc. While the ios version may gather most of the mobilinc attention, the android version remains a nice app viewed independently. For my purposes, there are none better.

Can you not use Tasker against the ISY REST API (and/or the Portal) and bypass Mobilinc? I did a write up on the Wiki on how to do this...

Michael.

I didn't write many things in Tasker but the only way I used it with ISY is through the REST interface. I don't know how you would interface tasker with Mobilinc for Andoid.

Even BlackBerry has switched to native Android on it's latest hardware keyboard mobile phones. The great iWall of Jobs may bring Apple  to it's knees one day, again. I doubt the taxpayers in the US or MS will bail Apple out again, though.

What comes to mind for me is creating Tasker widgets that work through Agave through the portal to the ISY, so I do not need to open ports.

I created a ticket in bitbucket for Tasker support as a future feature. I'm opening a separate thread for Tasker aficionados to be more specific about what specific tasker functionality they would like, and where possible, technical specifics on how they'd see it working 

https://bitbucket.org/jamespet/agave/issues/24/tasker-support

Paul

I don't know how you would interface tasker with Mobilinc for Andoid.

I forget whether the tasker plug-in for mobilinc was an extra purchase or not.  Perhaps it was a download within tasker.  I would have to refresh my memory.  Once there, however, it is interfaced directly within tasker, as one or more steps in a task.  When adding a step, choose plug-ins, then mobilinc.  Once the mobilinc step is added to the task, you can choose what action you want to take, from turning scenes and device on or off or take some action with a program.  I found it intuitive, once tasker is understood. 

I am the other way...I have never done it without mobilinc plugin.  Since I don't have to, I have decided the time it would take me to learn those steps would be better spent elsewhere.

There are many things I use tasker for in conjunction with mobilinc.  The main one is notifications from insteon devices emailed to pushover then playing a mp3 through tasker.  For example, when water is detected in the basement, I get a sonar ping sound on my phone.  Also I use it for turning on and off programs when I come near my house or drive away from it,  Tasker has to me the best app ever in my opinion.

I have never done it without mobilinc plugin. Since I don't have to, I have decided the time it would take me to learn those steps would be better spent elsewhere.

You should give it a try! It's not too bad once you get into it - and its way more responsive going direct...

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker

The main one is notifications from insteon devices emailed to pushover then playing a mp3 through tasker. For example, when water is detected in the basement, I get a sonar ping sound on my phone. Also I use it for turning on and off programs when I come near my house or drive away from it, Tasker has to me the best app ever in my opinion.

I use Autoremote and cut out the email delay... It lets me push device state from ISY to Tasker variables as well... It's very cool to have widgets updated near real time without having to subscribe!

But yes, Tasker is absolutely *the best* investment I've ever made.

You should give it a try! It's not too bad once you get into it - and its way more responsive going direct...http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Tasker

I have fooled around a bit with the network module. Someday, however, I will probably follow your advice. At this point, I have other things that are higher priority. I have no doubt it is the superior approach.

I use Autoremote and cut out the email delay... It lets me push device state from ISY to Tasker variables as well... It's very cool to have widgets updated near real time without having to subscribe!

But yes, Tasker is absolutely *the best* investment I've ever made.

What is involved with making that work?  How does the ISY communicate with autoremote and tasker?

What is involved with making that work? How does the ISY communicate with autoremote and tasker?

My write-up for this is at http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Mobile_Notification:Tasker

It's a little out of date now that 5.x is closer - I'll update it when 5.x reaches beta, but it does describe the method of calling the Autoremote API and having it set arbitrary values to arbitrary Tasker variables with minimal Tasker profiles needed.

My write-up for this is at http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Mobile_Notification:Tasker

It's a little out of date now that 5.x is closer - I'll update it when 5.x reaches beta, but it does describe the method of calling the Autoremote API and having it set arbitrary values to arbitrary Tasker variables with minimal Tasker profiles needed.

Perfect thanks

Archived