Technical Support

No Pressure

One of my PLMs failed this week causing large volumes of network traffic and overwhelming the ISY.  I couldn't get connect via a web browser or via the Administrative Control panel.  I spent a couple of afternoons trying to track down the problem to no avail.

Universal Devices tech support to the rescue.

After creating a service ticket yesterday morning I got a call from tech support within a few hours.  The gentlemen on the other end of the phone patiently waited as we rebooted the ISY several times while manipulating the connection with the PLM.  All in all he probably patiently gave me 30 or more minutes of his day before the ISY was stabilized.

How many tech companies provide service at that level 2+ years after the original purchase without a subscription?  Even with a subscription how many tech companies give you an enthusiastic, knowledgeable tech person who isn't reading from a troubleshooting script?  How many tech support people offers lessons and instructions during the call?!!

Great product, great support, great company!

Thank you. 

Edited by No Pressure

Totally agree. When I first set my ISY up, coming from a different package, they set up time that worked with me, remoted in and got me working, as well as educating me on things I needed to know as a migrating user. This dedication is very important to me.

Great product, great support, great company!

Could not say it any better.

Another thumbs up. New to HA, my ISY now about six months in. The best tech support I've had in 40+ years having traveled the world as a ships captain relying on support a great deal. Also Steve Lee's biweekly tutorials have been a priceless asset. Running smoothly, with a great deal more to learn.... My biggest thanks to everyone in these forums, I never feel I'm a bother even asking the most basic of questions.

Allow me to add another accolade. I have never purchased anything for which I have received better service. Between this forum and ISY representatives no problem has been too large or too complex.