Inactive Folder and Continuing Programs

gadgetfreak

Here is an interesting situation that I came across. Let's say I have a program folder which is set to ONLY be active from 12AM on Sunday through 11:59PM on Sunday. Let's also say that, inside that folder, I have a program to turn on a light for 28 hours. Will the light go off after 28 hours (since the program folder will no longer be active?

Here is an interesting situation that I came across. Let's say I have a program folder which is set to ONLY be active from 12AM on Sunday through 11:59PM on Sunday. Let's also say that, inside that folder, I have a program to turn on a light for 28 hours. Will the light go off after 28 hours (since the program folder will no longer be active?

Maybe you stated your conditions backwards? :)

I presume what you're asking is with the following setup below, will the light turn off at 10:00pm on Monday or will it just stay on?

Edit to add:  I don't know the answer but I'm curious too so I thought I'd help those who might know, understand a bit better what you're asking.

===================================================================================
On Today - [ID 01B1][Parent 0001]

Folder Conditions for 'On Today'

If
        On Sun
        From    12:00:00AM
        To      11:59:00PM (same day)

Then
   Allow the programs in this folder to run.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LightOn - [ID 01DE][Parent 01B1]

If
        On Sun
        Time is  6:00:00PM

Then
        Set 'Light' On
        Wait  28 hours 
        Set 'Light' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I guess the folder condition only turns off initiating triggers. and a time frame end node is a trigger.

Violating that same line of logic is the folder state changing state to False also stops the running program also.

This also happens with programs when you disable them.

-  If the program is already running. It stops executing.

-  If the same program is already disabled and another program runs it (if, then or else)  like a subroutine it still runs to completion if allowed by all other influences.

Archived