Insteon Mini Remote Switch Model 2342-242 Unsupported

Sounds like a bad device.  Check the Insteon address 32.39.F8 for 9/8 and 8/A misread just in case before sending it back.

Tried it one more time. Held the sensor right on top of the nearby db switch. It linked. It also has to almost be touching the db switch to register open and close.

Battery has 1.54 volts

Tried it one more time. Held the sensor right on top of the nearby db switch. It linked. It also has to almost be touching the db switch to register open and close.

Battery has 1.54 volts

Sounds like the sensor has a defective RF module

Hi Barry,

It's quite strange that we are not notified of changes to category/sub category. Anyway, we finally got the link with the changes and added support for those mini remotes. I'll send you an updated firmware to test.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,  I have just encountered the same issue as Barrygordon.  Just got a new 2342-2 v1.7 1450.    I'd be interested in the test firmware you come up with.  

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've installed 4.3.10 and the mini shows up and I can do some linking.  However, If I go to Main in the admin console and look at the switch buttons they all say unsupported device.  If I try to link to a scene, it won't let me assign a button as a controller, it only goes to responder.  Is there something I'm missing?

Delete the Mini Remote and add it to the ISY using 4.3.10. Either the Mini Remote was added to the ISY before 4.3.10 or the UI is not at 4.3.10. Make sure Help | About shows 4.3.10 for both the ISY Firmware and the UI.

• 1 month later...

I just tried adding a newly received (from Smarthome) 2342-222 8-key "Mini Remote" (v.1.7 1518 per the back label). Received this from Smarthome about a week ago (September 8, 2015). First tried the standard approach (worked for all previous units). Fail. "Unsupported Device: 0.26". Went to this forum. Updated ISY manually to 4.3.6 (yes, both the firmware and the UI). Yes, cleared the Java cache. Yes, reset the device to factory settings. Yes, rebooted the computer. But same result as before ("Unsupported"). Rather annoying. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I was able to get the ISY 994i to link to the Mini Remote Switch (2342-242) [LINK MANAGEMENT -> Link a RemoteLinc 2 -> Switch] but I am unable to make it a controller within a scene.  When adding it to a scene it always selects responder and doesn't allow to change it.

Any help would be great.  I do not have any problem using the Mini Remote 2-Keypad 4-Scene (2342-232) as a controller.

FIRMWARE: v.4.3.26

UI: v.4.2.30

The UI (Admin Console) at 4.2.30 is back level.  Install 4.3.26 UI.  Probably have to Delete 2342-242 and add it back using the correct Admin Console.

EDIT:  I Deleted and added a 2342-242 under 4.3.26 using correct UI.   Added it to a Scene as Controller. 

alambertus

User above has a single paddle 2342-242.

What ISY firmware and UI are being used?  (Help | About)

You should be on 4.3.26 for both ISY and UI as that is the latest Official release.

If you move to 4.3.26 likely will need to Delete and readd 8 Scene Mini Remote under 4.3.26.

alambertus

User above has a single paddle 2342-242.

What ISY firmware and UI are being used?  (Help | About)

You should be on 4.3.26 for both ISY and UI as that is the latest Official release.

If you move to 4.3.26 likely will need to Delete and readd 8 Scene Mini Remote under 4.3.26.

I had just updated the firmware, but forgot to update the UI as well. Once I did that, deleted the Mini Remote, and re-added it, it worked correctly. I tried to delete my post, but you were too quick with your response!

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been using ISY for about two months with good results. I am having problems with an Insteon Mini Remote  2342-2 that I can link but only as a responder.  I cannot change it to a controller. It is showing Unsupported Device 0.27. My  Firmware v.4.3.26 and UI v.4.2.30 any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I have been using ISY for about two months with good results. I am having problems with an Insteon Mini Remote  2342-2 that I can link but only as a responder.  I cannot change it to a controller. It is showing Unsupported Device 0.27. My  Firmware v.4.3.26 and UI v.4.2.30 any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Interesting. I wonder what a remote control would actually do as a responder B)

Archived