Introducing ISYPortal

Michel Kohanim

If using the unencoded url from the isy information tool in a network resource then instructing the isy to encode the url, the / chars are not encoded by the isy as it treats them as path delimeters rather than part of the token. My workaround is to use the already encoded isy url minus the /desc and then manually encode the device address and leave encode url unchecked.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean. It's not ideal if you have many like this.

I will discuss it with Michel, and see if we can come up to something.

Benoit.

Excellent.  Its not a show stopper since there is a usable workaround but it sure would make it easier if we could just paste the token into the URL field and let the console handle the encoding.  Maybe there could be a way for the ISY to pick up the token from a field in the portal module or system config tab then use a ${token} in the network resource.

-Xathros

Excellent.  Its not a show stopper since there is a usable workaround but it sure would make it easier if we could just paste the token into the URL field and let the console handle the encoding.  Maybe there could be a way for the ISY to pick up the token from a field in the portal module or system config tab then use a ${token} in the network resource.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

Finally I'm planning to change the token to another format which does not require urlencoding. The hash will be converted to hex string instead of base64. The advantage will be that you can use it as is in the networking resource, with or without encoding. The drawback is the url will be longer.

For now, I'm holding on further changes while the Amazon certification is taking place. When this is complete, I will proceed with this change. This will unfortunately be disruptive for you, but that will be better in the long run.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Hi Barry,

What are you referring to being opened up? You can now purchase a 2 year subscription for ISY Portal for $49.00 using the same method as purchasing other modules. This said, again, installing ISY Portal will diable MobiLinc Connect.

With kind regards,

Michel

Before I jump on this - to confirm that adding this will simply 'disable' the Mobilinc Portal module? I don't have to open a separate ticket to have you do that first?

Hi Xathros,

Finally I'm planning to change the token to another format which does not require urlencoding. The hash will be converted to hex string instead of base64. The advantage will be that you can use it as is in the networking resource, with or without encoding. The drawback is the url will be longer.

For now, I'm holding on further changes while the Amazon certification is taking place. When this is complete, I will proceed with this change. This will unfortunately be disruptive for you, but that will be better in the long run.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Hi Benoit-

Thats Perfect!  URL length is not that important.  I can edit my resources one more time knowing its a planned change.

Thanks again.

-Xathros

Before I jump on this - to confirm that adding this will simply 'disable' the Mobilinc Portal module? I don't have to open a separate ticket to have you do that first?

I would check with Wes and make sure you will no longer be paying for MLC once its disabled.

-Xathros

I would check with Wes and make sure you will no longer be paying for MLC once its disabled.

-Xathros

I set my subscription to not renew over a year ago.... But the portal is still active in the ISY. I got tired of waiting for the IOS features to come to Android, and implemented them myself with Tasker and the network module.

Hi MWaremen,

Unfortunately it's a manual process. We would need your UUID to disable MobiLinc.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I'll send you my uuid to do this. Would I wait on purchasing your portal until after Mobilinc is disabled - or will they co-exist...

Thanks,

Michael.

So I am a little confused here

I am using Mobilic and Mobilinc pro, without paying for their provisioning, going direct through my router

Not paying Mobilinc, does that mean I can get the UDI portal access without breaking anything ??

..Barry

Yes it does!

-Xathros

Michel,

Is there a full description about what the ISY portal offers? I am a mobilinc connect user with 3 weeks left on my annual subscription. I just bought the Echo and would love to integrate it with the ISY. The way I see it, I have a few weeks to make the cutover, or I will have to wait much longer. Is there a sales page, or list of features that the ISY portal offers? I am ready to switch, I just need to understand what I am getting/losing.

Keep up the excellent work!

Regards,

Justin

Hello MWareman,

They will coexist but we will have to disable the MobiLinc eventually. Can you please send me your UUID?

For those who have MobiLinc, please contact Wes. He mentioned something about Echo support but I am not 100% certain.

ISY Portal is currently very limited in functionality:

1. Remote access without port forwarding

2. Echo support

3. Plan for IFTTT once Echo is certified

4. Multiple accounts for integrators

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I purchased the ISY portal a couple of days ago, and after installing the Mobilinc Portal module was gone.

That's fine by me - but for the benefit of others is this normal and expected? Or, did not renewing my Mobilinc connect somehow disable the module?

Awesome to hear native IFTTT is on the horizon as well!

Michael.

OFFTOPIC:

BTW, there is a more secure alternative to port forwarding and not VPNing :)

Assuming you have a Pi or other server with SSH enabled - you can just SSH to that server and do SSH tunnel from your remote computer to ISY.

Of course your SSH server has to be secure enough.

I didn't read enough of this thread and installed isy portal. I have mobilinc installed and have to keep it installed.  How do I get ISY portal removed and refunded?  Thanks

Are you using Mobilinc Connect?  You can continue to use Mobilinc in conjunction with the ISY portal.  It's the MobilincConnect portal that is not compatible.

If you do need Mobilinc Connect, send an email to sales@universal-devices.com with the UUID of your ISY explaining your mistake.  They will take care you you.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Michel,

Can you let us know what the intent of the 'Last connected: 39 hours ago' (in my case just now) is?

My ISY is currently connected - it's status shows green. I know the portal supports multiple ISYs - and it wouldn't make sense to report this stat there.

I used the Admin console against the portal yesterday - so the number of hours exceeds this.

I can only think that this is actually the last login time (browser to the portal)?  Is that correct?  If so - may I suggest that this changes to 'Last Login Time' instead of 'Last connected'?

Thanks!

Michael.

You can continue to use Mobilinc in conjunction with the ISY portal. 

@Xathros,

Have you been able to configure Mobilinc to connect to ISYPortal? I've tried the 'Admin Console URL' (with and without the /desc) as well as the 'URL to ISY' (which I realize is the same as the admin console URL but without the /desc and also not encoded). None have worked so far.  PErhaps I'm missing something - or perhaps I'm trying something that wasn't intended.

Due to SSL on the portal being *much* faster than directly to ISY - I'm wanting to try using this against Mobilinc (which has fallen into disuse for me due mainly to the SSL performance issue).

Thanks!

Michael.

Archived