KPL fade down problem

edz9876

Hi everyone!

I have a light that is on the main buttons of a KPL. The light's level seems to be remembered just before it turns off. I created this program to test and explain the problem I'm having.

If
  - No Conditions - 

Then
       Set 'Bedroom light' On
       Wait  2 seconds
       Set 'Bedroom light' Fade Down

Else
  - No Actions - 

I ran the Then code manually from my computer. The code works fine. The light turns on and then fades off. The KPL is also in an Off state. The problem is the next time you use the KPL's On button. The KPL's On button lights up but the bedroom light doesn't come on.

After looking around I did find out that the bedroom light is actually on but at a 1% level. I think what is happening is that the 1% level is what the light was at last during the Fade Down process, just before turning off. When you turn it back on, it returns to that level.

Not sure if this is a KPL problem or something with the Fade Down process. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ed

Thanks for the responses guys. I tried adding an additional Wait and a Fade Stop but that made no difference. I did find a different solution however.

First, I created a new scene called 'Bedroom light off'. I added the bedroom light (KPL) into the new scene all by itself as a Responder with an On Level = 0 and Ramp Rate = 2.0 secs. I then changed one line in my program from this...

Set 'Bedroom light' Fade Down

to this...

Set Scene 'Bedroom light off' Off

It now works perfectly. I'm still kind of new to this and I'm still getting used to when to use programs and when to use scenes.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Archived