Status not Triggering

bktong

Verify the coupling devices are working, on opposite 120v legs and reachable by PLM.   PLM reachable is for Scenes initiated by Programs.

So at least one device in the scene has to be on the opposite leg?  I'm not exactly sure what this means but I am assuming it means that one item has to be on a circuit on the right side of my beaker box an one from the left side of the box.  

Should the scene be PLM reachable if all the devices can be triggered from the ISY?

Thanks

First, the 120v legs alternate top to bottom, not left and right sides of power panel.

Devices can be all on one 120v leg (same as PLM), all on the opposite 120 v leg, or a mixture of both.  It may help to know which 120v leg a device is on for debugging but all responders should react regardless of which 120v they are on.  

So at least one device in the scene has to be on the opposite leg?  I'm not exactly sure what this means but I am assuming it means that one item has to be on a circuit on the right side of my beaker box an one from the left side of the box.  

Nope. It doesn't matter to the scene which leg powers the device. A goal is to make sure that you have at least one pair of dual-band devices communicating on opposite legs in order to bridge Insteon signals. All Insteon signals can cross that one bridge.

Also, the opposite legs alternate between adjacent breakers vertically, not left-right.

A     A

B     B

A     A

B     B

.     .

.     .

.     .

Please clarify the communication issue.  If all the scenes around the house are working 100% of the time using hard buttons within a scene and only when the ISY Admin Console or MobLinc generated commands are not working, is that still an issue with the environments within the house? 

Hello bktong,

It's usually related to signal path from the PLM to those devices in the scene. In some cases, the PLM is plugged into an outlet which is not on the same circuit as the switches. In extreme cases, the PLM is on a different phase. So, I would start with Right Mouse Click | Diagnostics | Scene Test first to see whether or not there are any issues with communications between the PLM and devices.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel.  I have the old X10 bridge device that plugs into my dryer plug...Also have another device that is connected in the main power panel.  The device looks like a breaker.  Had them for years.  I might try to disconnect both of those devices and re-check.  

stusviews, 

It is a active phase coupler that has LEDs.  Not sure what type on the power panel.  I did remove the dryer coupler for one day last week but it was doing the same.  I'll do more testing without it tonight. 

Ok, I think I found the problem. I replaced what I think is a malfunctioning  ApplianceLink with a LampLink and changed its location in the kitchen, it may have been getting too hot in the previous location.  This scene now works fine.   I am wondering if I have another bad device in the lawn lights scene,  the keypad (not directly wired to devices) used to manually turn the scene on/off has a faint buzzing sound. I'll change the scene so it is controlled by another keypad to see if the problem persists.

Also I was at Wal-Mart this week and they had a clearance on the Insteon Starter Kit ( http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2244-234-starter-kit.html) for $60. It included the Insteon Hub, and 2 LampLinks, its a great deal for 2 LampLinks...Anyone know what I could do with the Hub?

Archived