994i Programming Erased

Red Baron

You are correct. If you do not want to integrate your Somfy motors with Insteon nor the ISY, then the Somfy myLink allows control via a smartphone app. I'm not sure what the myLink can accomplish that the ISY with Autelis cannot. Also, the Autelis allows three presets for each window covering in addition to MyStop. Combined with the ISY, I can have unlimited presets, not that I need so many for all windows. Along with Open/Close sensors, the window covering position is automatically determined by the window opening.

The Somfy URTSI II can handle 16 channels. The Auteilis interface can control up to 4 Somfy interfaces. The Somfy myLink is limited to 5 channels. Each window covering or group of coverings requires a channel. If, for example, you have a room with two shades and you'd like to operate each independently as well as together, then three channels are required. If those limitations suit you, then myLink is a good choice.

Not here. We currently have 14 motorized window coverings controlled by two Somfy URTSI II controllers for a total of 32 channels (not all in use).

And I'm not into pulling out a smartphone to close the window coverings whenever I want to watch a movie. Using a SmartLinc plus the ISY, that's accomplished by turning the movie on B)

Archived