Somethings amiss ramp rate stays at 9 Min

Suddenly, I've noticed some program scenes are not controlling scenes as they have in the past.  Many devices are not showing the correct status and the programed On Level is zero with a ramp rate of 9 Min. Some devices can only be controlled remotely if part of a scene or fast on/off is pressed.

When I try to re-establish the On Level and ramp rate at 4.5 sec, it seems the ramp rate does not change.  That means something, but I've forgotten what it means.  Anyone have some ideas?

If I remember my posts correctly, I think it means you had a close lightening strike recently.

You could be looking a something as simple as a Restore modem and restoring devices.  I would start there.

Or, it could be that the PLM and devices were damaged. Start with the restore modem and restoring one device to see if you can get things working, then expand out if you have success.

Paul

Edit - Factory resets are in order before any restores as well

I would start from least invasive and then move forward. Unplug the PLM wait ten seconds and plug it back. Unplug the ISY Series Controller and let it calm down and see if that resolved the issue at hand.

If not pull out the clear set tab and wait ten seconds. Afterwards press it back in until flush and check to see if the device operates and takes commands.

If not follow Paul's advice and hard reset the switch and perform a restore device and report back success / failure.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

quick google gave info from Lee.. "The 9 minute Ramp Rate is normally the result of the information not coming from the ISY. A 0 value equates to 9 minutes and 0 is the value when nothing comes from the ISY"

and Slee "A device has a 9 min ramp rate and a 0% in level until it fully enrolls the device into the ISY."

hope that helps..

Jon...

I would start from least invasive and then move forward. Unplug the PLM wait ten seconds and plug it back. Unplug the ISY Series Controller and let it calm down and see if that resolved the issue at hand.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Paulbates is right that I did have a lightening strike recently.  Teken's suggestion seemed to work.  I see all devices reporting 4.5 sec ramp rate and the On Levels are back too. However, I'll need a little more time monitoring that all is working as it were. I'll post my findings later this weekend.

Unfortunately, this procedure did not wake my EZFlora device.  Hopefully, that was the only casualty from the lightening.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Paulbates is right that I did have a lightening strike recently. Teken's suggestion seemed to work. I see all devices reporting 4.5 sec ramp rate and the On Levels are back too. However, I'll need a little more time monitoring that all is working as it were. I'll post my findings later this weekend.

Unfortunately, this procedure did not wake my EZFlora device. Hopefully, that was the only casualty from the lightening.

Glad to hear you made some headway.

By chance is the EZFlora under two years old? If so you can send it back to SH for a replacement unit for warranty exchange.

I would however try to hard reset the device at least three times. Then perform a device restore and see.

Going off memory the unit is based on the 2413S PLM. If you're handy and the device is out of warranty you could perform the capacitor fix.

That may bring it back to life and save you $100+.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

By chance is the EZFlora under two years old?

Unfortunately, I purchased it in 2010.  And, even thought it's located out in the pump house, I don't recall ever having communication issues with it.  I will try the hard reset (hold button in while unplugging?).  That I haven't tried.  Thanks for the tip.

And it's $130 (not on sale plus shipping)!

BTW: I still haven't weaned myself from the 2012 PLM (circa 2008).  I bought a dual band 2013s last year, but haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Unfortunately, I purchased it in 2010.  And, even thought it's located out in the pump house, I don't recall ever having communication issues with it.  I will try the hard reset (hold button in while unplugging?).  That I haven't tried.  Thanks for the tip.

And it's $130 (not on sale plus shipping)!

BTW: I still haven't weaned myself from the 2012 PLM (circa 2008).  I bought a dual band 2013s last year, but haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Wow . . .

I think you will see a vast improvement in swapping out the 2412S vs the 2413S given its dual band. Regarding the EZFlora I would down load the full users manual and confirm what steps are needed to bring it back to a default OEM state.

I also recall this device also requires their set up tool to make various changes so please ensure you have a copy before you blow away any settings etc.

The Smartenit warranty is one year. I doubt Smarthome would give you an added year. If it was between one and two years old.

You can try the hard reset. Though I feel the surge got the power line transmitter and receiver circuit in the unit.

Did you temporarily move the EZFlora to the same outlet as the PLM as a test?

Unlike other devices, ezfloras are really exposed as the valve wiring for them can extend out into the property like a collector. I inherited the sprinkler system I have, and the valves and their wiring are all 'out there' in the yard.

Even with good grounding, and good isolated design of the Ezflora, .... nature is going to win many of these battles.

I've had 2 ezfloras since 2011, we get major lightening strikes regularly through the season. I'm amazed these have lasted.

Archived