2 SwitchLinc Controling Each Other But Not Linked

David G

Help

I installed 2 new SwitchLinc Switches yesterday.   installed them as new devices in the admin console, but they were not added to any scenes.  I noticed this morning that they are controlling each other.  They are in separate rooms all the way across the house, so it is not wiring.  I tried removing them and re adding them, adding them to a scene that linked them together and removing them, but they are still controlling each other.

What do I do to unlink them?

thanks

David

Help

I installed 2 new SwitchLinc Switches yesterday.   installed them as new devices in the admin console, but they were not added to any scenes.  I noticed this morning that they are controlling each other.  They are in separate rooms all the way across the house, so it is not wiring.  I tried removing them and re adding them, adding them to a scene that linked them together and removing them, but they are still controlling each other.

What do I do to unlink them?

thanks

David

Delete the device from the ISY Series Controller and when it asks to add them back select delete existing links. If that fails to do the job you can perform a hard reset of the device outlined in the users manual.

Factory reset is indicated on page 12 listed here: http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2477s.pdf

THANKS!

The Hard reset worked. I had tried the removing them and deleting existing links, but that didn't work.   I looked at the instructions, but somehow missed the hard reset.  Thanks again.

David

David,

Good to hear now rock on . . .

I was told a few times. I learned the hard way many times and want to repeat it again.

Factory Reset every Insteon piece of hardware before attempting linking to your ISY!

I have had modules that do weird things are not even possible in normal usage. It makes one suspect there is only one Insteon EPROM, and one piece of firmware, in Insteon units and it has specific options factory  selected for each device, :)

Archived