v4.3.26 ISY Finder window

vbPhil

I've just upgraded my 994i to the 4.3.26 version and I think Java also was recently updated to v8 update 65. I notice now when I run the Admin Console that a window opens up with the caption ISY Finder and then a 2nd window opens with the Admin console. What is the ISY Finder window? Should it stay open or can I close it?   -thanks,  -phil

Phil

You can close it. Its a separate process that locates the ISY so the admin console can start. or for multiple ISYs if you have more than one.

One other thing you can do with it; I've had 2 entries in it for my laptop, one for the local address 192.168.x.y for access at home, and one with my dyndns name and mapped port number when I travel.

Paul

Interesting. I browsed to the Java site and also found .65. But, I mostly update only when I receive a notice,usually from Java. This time the notice was from Avast (antivirus).

I just found this page: Jave Releases which shows .66. I have no idea what PSU (OTN) means.

post-625-0-83035000-1445993577_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I browsed to the Java site and also found .65. But, I mostly update only when I receive a notice,usually from Java. This time the notice was from Avast (antivirus).

I just found this page: Jave Releases which shows .66. I have no idea what PSU (OTN) means.

Stu, take a look at this link that I just found. Strange that Oracle doesn't offer 66 on their update site.

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/oracles-java-8-update-66/

• 1 month later...

I am afraid I don't understand what needs to be done when installing Insteon. I am simply too unknowledgeable to even understand what the instructions mean. I feel pretty sure the majority of people messing with this stuff are much more familiar with all of these things, but after a bunch of searching I have not found an explanation in a language for dummies.

One item is the ISY finder window. When I try to log into the admin console, the window pops up showing no content. If I just close it, admin will not open. I don't know what to put in there. I have tried permutations of http://192.168.xx.xx/admin. I do not use DHCP. I have not found the correct entry.

The other is just what to do with the links in the post on the 4.3.26 section 4.

a. Got that. The admin console Java application is loaded. I expected the link to download an installable file but see that it actually installs the application. That is good.

b. I don't understand this one. It is a link. It looks like it wants to do something with the IP address of the ISY. Possibly related to the ISY finder thing. Clicking the link does not appear to do anything except try to find and address it does not know (my ISY). Which rather makes sense since it wants my ISY IP address. I tried copying the text of the "link" and editing it with my IP address and ran it in my browser window. That got me to a full admin console without being stopped by ISY find. But ISY find still opened. If I got this right - should it really be a link or just a text field with instructions to copy and edit the contents in a browser search window and enter the resulting text..

c. and d. From reading labels, it appears there are two types of things that run with Java. Applications and applets. I remember reading somewhere here that they operate differently. I presume I should not be fooling with them if I did a and b.

I am pretty sure I have displayed a pitiful understanding. But it is what I got. Maybe some others are in my state of expertise and would benefit from a few more words in this section explaining how do use these pieces.

I had the ISY Finder just sit there and do nothing also. There was no IP address in it so I hit the add button and added my ISY IP address to it and it works fine. Watch the format. IIRC the http:// prefix  is required.

If there is only one address installed it will run it automatically. If there are more than one you may have to double click the one you want.

Yes, you can just close it, but only after the admin console starts to boot up. ISY will self-close it anyway when you exit the Admin Console.

If you did not change the default port, then entering only the LAN IP address (without any suffix) should open the HTML interface asking for your user name and password. Does that work? If you did change to port number, then add : followed port number to the IP address (no spaces).

Archived