Release 2.6.11 is now available

Michel Kohanim

Release 2.6.11 beta is now available and may be downloaded immediately.

For fixes and enhancements, please peruse our beta forum at http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930. You may also post your comments/questions and issues relating to 2.6.11 to this forum.

This release provides the following important features:

1. 99i Series Optional Modules (Help->Purchase Modules)

--> Weather Module: allows you to add weather information in your programs

--> Energy Meter Module: allows you to use Brultech Meter information in your programs

--> Online Upgrade from 99i Series to 99i PRO Series

2. i2 Support

Bugs

None

IMPORTANT

1. For those upgrading from release 2.6

--->Please note that releases 2.6.1 and above will use default HTTP/HTTPS ports of 80/443 respectively. As such, before upgrading Disable Internet Access

--->You will have to upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.6.9

--->If you are upgrading from 2.6.1, please make sure you export all your programs and store them in a safe place

2. If you have used bookmarks, please update them accordingly. If you have problems finding ISY, try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

3. As always, please take a backup of your ISY

Due to massive [plumbing] changes in this release, please do be kind enough to thoroughly test i2 related issues such as not receiving status feedback from i2 devices.

INSTRUCTIONS for ISY-26

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

-- Step 1

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

-- Step 2

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

INSTRUCTIONS for ISY 99i Series

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

- Login to Admin Console

- Important: After upgrading, please close Admin Console, close all web browser processes, clear your Java cache, and reopen Admin Console. If there are any web browser processes running, the Java cache will not be cleared.

Michel,

Ditto to gary's comment. you need to get a life ;) (but thank you!)

Just a clarification: So for ISY-26 users, even if we are on 2.6.8 now, you want us to backdate to 2.6.0, then update to 2.6.11?

Thanks again,

Hi

I installed 2.6.11 and found only one issue. On the query at reboot at least on device will show up as being on instead of off. A manual query will get the correct results. The deices are the (2476D and 2456D3). If I run than on the QueryAll program it is always correct. It just seems to be query at reboot.

I still can't link an EZIO4O and was wondering if this is because there is still a communication problem with the EZIO... i2 or may i be doing something wrong. Maybe a bad EZIO4O? The linking always seems to stop at (Remove Device Links Failed). Tried factory reset on the EZIO.. and reboot isy but no luck.

Thanks in advance

Gary

I'm so glad this update came out today.

The i2 dimmer on-level/ramp-rate bug that was in 2.6.9 and fixed in 2.6.10 apparently was NOT fixed for new i2 1000W dimmers - only the 600's.

I just installed a brand new 1000W dimmer and was not able to set the ramp-rate or on-level with 2.6.10. Came here to report the bug and saw the new drop. I upgraded to 2.6.11 and... problem solved.

So.... never mind, and thanks.

Jim H.

Hi all, apologies for mixing all the responses into one post:

Gary F.

Sleeping is very boring. Why would I want to do that instead of the experiencing and enjoying the exhilaration of developing for and testing i2 devices?

Jon

Yes. Please do install 2.6.0 which is actually a minimal version of 2.6.11 so that you would have enough memory to install the actual 2.6.11.

Gary B.

Thanks so very much for letting me know about the bug where ISY shows the incorrect status (on instead of off). It shall be investigated immediately. We have not been able to get EZIO to work but didn't want to postpone the drop. We are still working on it.

Jim H.

Thanks so very much for the update.

With kind regards,

Michel

Something is going on with the query system. I upgraded from 2.6.8 and closed out the browsers and re-opened the console. No status on anything. Nothing would turn on through isy. So I unplugged the plm, waited a minute and plugged back in. Isy back online, still no control or status. I did a manual system query and still didn't show status. But I could turn on switches with the console. No status showed until I queried each indiv item. It also took like 2 minutes to query one light.

Hello me23,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Would you be kind enough to let me know which PLM version you have? Also, would you be kind enough to go to the Configuration tab and let me know if "Query at start up" is checked?

With kind regards,

Michel

Something is going on with the query system. I upgraded from 2.6.8 and closed out the browsers and re-opened the console. No status on anything. Nothing would turn on through isy. So I unplugged the plm, waited a minute and plugged back in. Isy back online, still no control or status. I did a manual system query and still didn't show status. But I could turn on switches with the console. No status showed until I queried each indiv item. It also took like 2 minutes to query one light.

Another thing that I am seeing is that when a device is queried, any program with that device in the conditional statement fires. I did not see this occurance in 2.6.8. This is a problem for some of my programs because it resets delayed offs indefinitely.

My four buttons in the "Manage Programs" square under the list of programs in the "Program Details" page of the administrative console are cut short. They do not expand as I expand the divider and I cannot see what they are supposed to say. I had this problem first appear in 2.6.6 and I have it still in 2.6.11 I am using a Mac and the problem persists with Safari and Firefox web browsers.

Hello all, thanks so very much for all the input:

Ruben and RLikwartz:

Yes, this has been verified and fixed.

Illusion

We never fixed this issue. It has been added to our bug list and we'll take care of it.

jamesX0

Would you be kind enough to elaborate a little more or send me one your programs that are causing the problem? I just created a very simple program:

If 
   Status ceiling is not on
Then 
   Send notification to all

It's behaving as it should: as long as the status does not change, the Then part does not run.

Thanks again,

With kind regards,

Michel

i have a test program which should send me an e-mail when tempertare is not -140F at a certain time. The status of the program never changes to true...

If

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Time is 12:46:00PM

And Module 'Climate' Temperature is not -140 F

Then

Send Notifications to All

Else

- No actions -

What do you think may be the problem?

-correction: it started working for no aperant reason...

burak

jamesX0

Would you be kind enough to elaborate a little more or send me one your programs that are causing the problem? I just created a very simple program:

If 
   Status ceiling is not on
Then 
   Send notification to all

It's behaving as it should: as long as the status does not change, the Then part does not run.

Thanks again,

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a program that queries any multi-gang switches. Some of my outside lights are involved in that group. Every time the switches are queried, the Outside Lights Daytime program executes twice even though all of the outside lights are off.

Here is the Outside Lights Daytime program:

If

From Sunrise

To Sunset (same day)

And (

Status 'FydChristmasLights' is not Off

Or Status 'LrWindowLights' is not Off

Or Status 'FydWalkwayLights' is not Off

Or Status 'BydPatioStepLights' is not Off

Or Status 'FydPorchLight' is not Off

Or Status 'BydDoorLight' is not Off

Or Status 'BydPatioLights' is not Off

)

Then

Set 'BydPatioStepLights' Off

Set 'FydPorchLight' Off

Set 'FydChristmasLights' Off

Set 'LrWindowLights' Off

Set 'FydWalkwayLights' Off

Set 'BydPatioLights' Off

Set 'BydDoorLight' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Here is my log:

Scene:MultiGang Status 0% Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioStepLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydPorchLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydChristmasLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

LrWindowLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydWalkwayLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydDoorLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioStepLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydPorchLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydChristmasLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

LrWindowLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydWalkwayLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

BydPatioLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

BydDoorLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

Hi Burak,

I think the problem was that the module was not getting updated with correct information. Please do keep us posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

i have a test program which should send me an e-mail when tempertare is not -140F at a certain time. The status of the program never changes to true...

If

On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Time is 12:46:00PM

And Module 'Climate' Temperature is not -140 F

Then

Send Notifications to All

Else

- No actions -

What do you think may be the problem?

-correction: it started working for no aperant reason...

burak

Hello again jamesx0,

I did some testing and I still couldn't reproduce it. This said, however, I did reproduce the problem whereby some devices have the wrong status after a long query. This leads me to believe that these two bugs are one and the same: in all likelihood, one of the devices in the condition has the wrong status (after the query) and thus the condition becomes true.

The next time this happens, would you be kind enough to check the Log and make sure that at least one of those devices was reporting On?

This has been fixed in the next release.

With kind regards,

I have a program that queries any multi-gang switches. Some of my outside lights are involved in that group. Every time the switches are queried, the Outside Lights Daytime program executes twice even though all of the outside lights are off.

Here is the Outside Lights Daytime program:

If

From Sunrise

To Sunset (same day)

And (

Status 'FydChristmasLights' is not Off

Or Status 'LrWindowLights' is not Off

Or Status 'FydWalkwayLights' is not Off

Or Status 'BydPatioStepLights' is not Off

Or Status 'FydPorchLight' is not Off

Or Status 'BydDoorLight' is not Off

Or Status 'BydPatioLights' is not Off

)

Then

Set 'BydPatioStepLights' Off

Set 'FydPorchLight' Off

Set 'FydChristmasLights' Off

Set 'LrWindowLights' Off

Set 'FydWalkwayLights' Off

Set 'BydPatioLights' Off

Set 'BydDoorLight' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Here is my log:

Scene:MultiGang Status 0% Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioStepLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydPorchLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydChristmasLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

LrWindowLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

FydWalkwayLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydDoorLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:26 AM Program Log

BydPatioStepLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydPorchLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydChristmasLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

LrWindowLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

FydWalkwayLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

BydPatioLights Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

BydDoorLight Off 0 Fri 12/12/2008 09:28:28 AM Program Log

2.6.11 seemed to hose my system up. I have a remotelinc that failed to work after the update. I tried to restore it. I tried removing it from the system and then putting it back in. It would put it back in the system but I couldn't manage to get it to link to the scenes I was previously using.

My motion detector also stopped reporting. I didn't fool with that though.

I downgraded back to 2.6.8 and restored by ISY and devices. My remotelinc was still hosed up. So I had to remove the buttons from each scene and put them back in. And they are working now.

The install of 2.6.11 wend flawlessly, just that the motion sensor and the remotelinc stopped working.

I didn't write it down, but I think the motion sensor reported at a V.00 unsupported device.

All my motion sensors now are marked "Unsupported device 16.0". They are now non-functional. This happened when upgrading to 2.6.10 and is the same in 2.6.11.

Also all of the other light switch devices were set to 0% ON Level and 9 min ramp. I had to either reset each one or query each device individually.

Frank

Frank:

You need to relink the motion sensors to your ISY as you did originally. When you do, they become fully functional as well as adding some EXTRA opitons which will add some interesting features to them only available through your ISY.

Joe

All my motion sensors now are marked "Unsupported device 16.0". They are now non-functional. This happened when upgrading to 2.6.10 and is the same in 2.6.11.

Also all of the other light switch devices were set to 0% ON Level and 9 min ramp. I had to either reset each one or query each device individually.

Frank

Archived