How to mirror 2 6-dButton KPLs?

akibbe

I have two 6-button KPL's at either end of my dining room.   I want to mirror the A-B-C-D buttons on both KPL's to control 4 scenes for the dining room.

What I did:

Created 4 scenes of devices

Set buttons A-B-C-D on both KPLs to exclusive (radio buttons)

Put both A buttons in Scene A as controllers, both B buttons in Scene B as controllers,..... and so forth.

What happens:

Working with one KPL station is fine.  I can select any scene and the button LED's track.

The second KPL station LED's do not track the first station, so all LED's eventually are lit.

Am I missing something OR do I need to create a program to keep the buttons on the second station sorted?

How di you create the radio buttons. The usual method is:

For button A

A1 controller on

A2 controller on

B1 responder off

B2 responder off

C1 responder off

C2 responder off

D1 responder off

D2 responder off

plus the device(s) being controlled

repeat for each button.

Thanks, Stu,

I have successfully used the button grouping feature when I have one station controlling 4 scenes.  The problem arises when I add the second KPL.

Is the sequence you describe above the button-pushing programming sequence described in the Owners Manual?  If not, how/where do I create the radio buttons as you suggest.

Alan

The KPL Owners Manual assumptions do not anticipate the ISY.   Radio buttons have issues.   Better to do things with Scenes.

Sceneaaaa

KPL1 button A - Controller

KPL2 button A - Controller

KPL1 button B - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL1 button C - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL1 button D - Responder - On Level 0% 

KPL2 button B - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL2 button C - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL2 button D - Responder - On Level 0%

other device(s) controlled by button A  

Scenebbbb

KPL1 button B - Controller

KPL2 button B - Controller

KPL1 button A - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL1 button C - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL1 button D - Responder - On Level 0% 

KPL2 button A - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL2 button C - Responder - On Level 0%

KPL2 button D - Responder - On Level 0%

other device(s) controlled by button B

and so on for buttons C and D as Controllers.

Be sure to Delete the two KPLs and Factory Reset to eliminate Radio Button information.

The above Scenes assume pressing button A on either KPL turns Off buttons B,C,D on both KPLs.

Thanks, Stu,

I have successfully used the button grouping feature when I have one station controlling 4 scenes.  The problem arises when I add the second KPL.

Is the sequence you describe above the button-pushing programming sequence described in the Owners Manual?  If not, how/where do I create the radio buttons as you suggest.

Alan

Grouping affects only the device itself.

The (original) manual method for creating radio buttons requires a lot, lot, lot of button pushing and is cumbersome, especially if a wrong button is pressed inadvertently. The grouping feature provided by the ISY requires just a few clicks. A problem, as noted above, is that the grouping is not carried over to scenes, only the device itself responds to the grouping.

One example would be when a 6 button KPL is linked to a fan controller. You'd set A, B, C and D to be exclusive (radio button mode?) and they'd be for fan speeds. Since you only want one of 3 (4 including off) fan speeds.

Thanks.

What I wanted to know was why ISY has this in it's setup options if it is just a scene setup and sounds like it doesn't connect ISY into the loop.

Archived